Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Time

Options
  • 03-02-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Need to be in East Point Business Park for 10am for interview tomorrow morning. Going to be getting a taxi from Sutton, and wondered what time I would need to leave at, only ever use trains, but as its interview, don't want to be windswept or drenched as I was earlier today :D

Am not sure if I should leave at 9.15 or earlier. Would 45 minutes be enough for me to get there, and have say 5/10 minutes to compose myself before I go in?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

That would be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would leave earlier, and aim to be there for around half 9 then you can relax. You wont be good for your interview if your watching the clock stuck in traffic in the taxi. The coast road can be busy enough in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

cheers guys, I will leave at 9. Will give me plenty of time to get there, and if I am early, sure it'll look good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Davy wrote: »
    I would leave earlier, and aim to be there for around half 9 then you can relax. You wont be good for your interview if your watching the clock stuck in traffic in the taxi. The coast road can be busy enough in the mornings

Now in fairness you should arrive no earlier than 15 mins! Golden rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'd leave at 9 to be safe. There is a bit of a traffic build up on the Clontarf rd in the mornings. You might make it in for 9.30 or thereabouts, but it's best to be on the safe side for an interview. You can sit in your car in the meantime and calm your nerves. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jay D wrote: »
    Now in fairness you should arrive no earlier than 15 mins! Golden rule.

I dont know any golden rules, just rather be 15 mins early than be late :p

Anyways, how did the cute cow get on in the interview

Ah jaysis lads, was fecking disaster!!

Left the house at 0.15 and got there about 9.30, went for a coffee and was in the office for 9.50, so had plenty of time.

After doing loads of research on the company, practising interview questions, and knowing my CV in and out, and it was terrible. I went in and froze. I sounded like I knew nothing, I was such an idiot!! I honestly wouldn't have hired me.

I was so upset when I got out. Its such a great company, lots of progression and I know I can do the job no problem. I ended up crying my eyes out the whole way home on the train.

Fecking typical. Its not like I never had an interview before :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the advice on the times again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Jesus, that's awful... I mean the fact that you were upset. You never know, your CV could have done the talking, if it is a good company, they will take nerves in to consideration. And... you might not have been as bad as you think, seriously, you know you, they don't, so just cause you didn't act like you know you can act doesn't mean they didn't like you.

lightening wrote: »
    Jesus, that's awful... I mean the fact that you were upset. You never know, your CV could have done the talking, if it is a good company, they will take nerves in to consideration. And... you might not have been as bad as you think, seriously, you know you, they don't, so just cause you didn't act like you know you can act doesn't mean they didn't like you.

Thats very true, thanks for that.

Although I kinda feel that you have a rough idea myself when I had interviews before, and basing on that, I don't think I did so well.

Am feeling a lot better this morning about it, and am a little more positive. Have already applied for more jobs, and hopefully one of them will be "the one" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Best of luck to you. You can never guess the outcome of an interview. There are times when I believed I had it 'in the bag' and strutted around all cocky like only to be contacted with the 'Thank you for blah blah blah..unfortunately..blah..' Letter. (Or worse, not contacted at all :mad:)
    And vice versa. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement