Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Tattoo

• 03-02-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I know the HTC Tattoo is only available on Vodafone but could i buy it from Vodafone and put my pre pay Meteor sim into it?

Would i need it unlocked and would the phone work ok?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would need to be unlocked.
    Not sure if an unlock is available yet for the Tattoo.
    Great phone though. I love the sync with Google account.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

koolkid wrote: »
    It would need to be unlocked.
    Not sure if an unlock is available yet for the Tattoo.
    Great phone though. I love the sync with Google account.

yeah bought one as a gift for my nephew. its already unlocked.
    Paul from modaco has bought one recently with the only purpose to root it.
    doubt it will take long..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 justyt

I'm looking for a nice, slick phone for between €200 and €300 and this phone really fits the bill. Only thing is i'm on Meteor pre-pay and don't want to move.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

justyt wrote: »
    I'm looking for a nice, slick phone for between €200 and €300 and this phone really fits the bill. Only thing is i'm on Meteor pre-pay and don't want to move.

Vodafone have them for €239 RTG

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=358035&offerSelected=prepayporting&action=view

I would recommend these with a data package. They use a constant connection.
    On Bill Pay PC 200 they are only €49.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thats not a bad price for unlocked. Very little branding anyway, just one splash screen.
    The one I got wasn't even set up for MMS or ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I got a vodafone one a couple of months ago. Not sure if it is locked TBH. But there is no Vodafone branding on it at all. Excellent phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 justyt

That price on Expansys, €205, looks pretty tempting. Would my meteor pre-pay sim work fine in it and all of the phone's features?

Generally all phones on Expansys are sim free .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

thinking of getting a tatoo or a iphone.

cant decide between the two.

have a ipod touch and love that.can get the tatoo for 70 on a upgrade.

can anyone give a review of the tatoo.

can you update the android s/w as new versions come out and any good apps in the market place.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hey just to confirm, i have a HTC tattoo on the vodafone network and it is unlocked, i have used an o2 sim card in it to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Yes, I think koolkid is wrong:Tattoo I ordered from Vodafone is also unlocked. I have also replaced vodafone branded OS using original HTC software (that required goldcard trick, link to how it can be done can be found this forum also).

finhex wrote: »
    Yes, I think koolkid is wrong:Tattoo I ordered from Vodafone is also unlocked. I have also replaced vodafone branded OS using original HTC software (that required goldcard trick, link to how it can be done can be found this forum also).

what branding did you have? I havent seen any apart for the bootloader..

nmesisca wrote: »

Thats the only branding on mine also.
    Am getting 2 more of these for work. Ill let you know if they are locked or not.

koolkid wrote: »
    Thats the only branding on mine also.
    Am getting 2 more of these for work. Ill let you know if they are locked or not.

if thats the case, doing gold card to get rid of that is a big no-no.
    theres quite a risk involved and since there are no rooted roms yet there is nothing to gain.

nmesisca wrote: »
    I just wanted to install latest software version (December 2009)

I have had MoDaCo Custom ROM 1 in my Tattoo 1 day now and everything looks fine. Sense UI is faster than in HTC one and also battery life seems to be improved (battery level is still 40% after 20 hours).

Advertisement