Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no PC games forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The games category is a very splintered one and forums can be hard to pin down tbh, the idea of separating 'story and support' throughout might be a good way to rationalise the category going forward.

This is what I'd like it to be like. Console support in the console forums but discussion about games in the games forum, I'd be all up for this but implementing it might be a nightmare and again some users won't like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If it wasn't my oul fellah making boot disks for me back in the early 90s

Son? Is that you son ?
    This is what I'd like it to be like. Console support in the console forums but discussion about games in the games forum, I'd be all up for this but implementing it might be a nightmare and again some users won't like it

Maybe it's time to dig up this ol' feedback thread where a lot of users said the very same thing. I for one have always been for fewer game forums yet seperating console support from generic game chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This is what I'd like it to be like. Console support in the console forums but discussion about games in the games forum, I'd be all up for this but implementing it might be a nightmare and again some users won't like it.

I suggested the same thing shortly before stepping down as CMod. No sense in fragmenting discussion unnecessarily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As I remember we got shot down by the admins.

Yep, I remember that too but with the smods becoming Admins and chmods given more power as to how things are run I think that we can make this change ; but it will rely on a joint, united stand of the games cat mods and probably best to do in our secret forum rather than allowing it to turn into a 100 page feedback thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

If at first you don't succeed... :)

I remember that old thread in feedback. It spawned some decent changes all right, before then I found it impossible to engage with the category, whereas I'm more likely to post here now. But it was all a bit... meh (as in token gesture). This forum should be hopping tbh.

I don't think keeping it secret is fair though if we do go ahead. Best to let people who are against it have a voice in feedback. I'm sure the admins wouldn't approve of a secret forum to decide this and rightfully so.

I don't think keeping it secret is fair though if we do go ahead. Best to let people who are against it have a voice in feedback. I'm sure the admins wouldn't approve of a secret forum to decide this and rightfully so.

What I meant was that the debate between games mods could be made elsewhere and the proposal put forward in feedback. No intention of keeping anything from the members here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

While I agree that having both platform and specific game forums is wrong, I don't think the ideas being proposed above would work. For one thing, where would you discuss multiplayer aspects in this story and support design?
    Take the CoD forum at the moment, there are a few threads complaining about care package glitchers and boosters, two problems I have never experienced while playing on PC. However I have run into aimbotters on three occasions which is something you're not going to see on consoles. Couple this with the fact that patches aren't being rolled out across all platforms at the same time. So even if you're playing the same game you can have different experiences on different platforms.

What about mods? Is that story or support? I think it's neither, it just relates to the specific game but it's not of much interest to a console left 4 dead player that you can download new campaigns for free on the pc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i still think we got a good thing going on on this particular forum so id be hesitant to any change as things often go worse on forums when there is change

• Advertisement
Advertisement