Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renaming a link adress?

• 03-02-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Anyone know how to rename a link adress?Say for example the link is really called www.somethingorother.com and i want to change it to lookhere

Ive googled it but none of the answers worked for me,im pretty handy with computers but for some reason i need this broke down to me like im a two year old.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

You mean for posting on forums or you want to change an actual website address?

Because the latter you'll have to register a new site, but the former is easy enough

www.lookhere.com

Remove the spaces from the url tags and you get
    www.lookhere.com

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Yeah thats what i mean Bopniblets,so do i just copy exactly line 3 of your post including the "url=" part?.Still cant seem to get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yep, you see I put a space before each of the closing brackets, ]
    Remove both of them (the spaces) and you should get the last line of my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

gbujh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I just bookmark it first saving is as look here or whatever and then just copy it.

Advertisement