Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas on getting back to Dublin from Carlingford on a Sunday?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm looking to return from Carlingford to Dublin this Sunday coming (7th Feb). It turns out Bus Eireann does not run a service that day to Dundalk or any other location I could get a bus home from.

Does anyone here know of private bus operators? Or any other ways of getting back?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

taxi to Dundalk, then train (or bus)?

hmm, just checked google maps - Carlingford is further from Dundalk than I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Thanks for the reply. It turns out a taxi to Dundalk costs about 30 euros. It might be cheaper to Newry though, which does has regular buses to Dublin on a Sunday. On the other hand, in the coming months apparently there's a new private bus service starting up that will provide Sunday services. A bit late for me though!

Advertisement