Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Problem

• 03-02-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I recently got a tattoo, last Wednesday, from a tattoo artist recommended by a friend. However I've applied this artist's healing treatment and in the last 4-5 days my tattoo start peeling. Now I know this is usual but since Monday when most of the peeling stopped I noticed a few tiny streaks of my skin in the tattoo, as if the ink has faded completely in tiny parts. I know this is a serious problem because ink can't re-appear back on my skin.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Firstly I would say keep applying the cream and resist the urge to pull at any loose skin yourself.
    If the tattoo is fully healed and you can see streaks or gaps in the colour, go back and ask the tattooist to fill them in.
    Its not that unusual (same thing happened to me) and shouldn't be a big deal at all as the tattooist will want his work to look good on you.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

the same thing has happened to me, there is usually a touch up needed once the tattoo has healed fully in my experience, little bits that were either missed or looked complete on your skin while it was being done originally.
    although i advise you wait at least four weeks before going back, i made the mistake f going back for a touch up too soon before and it hurt like hell because it wasnt fully healed even though i thought it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jippers87

A good tattoo artist should be happy to see you return for him or her to check it for you.

What cream did he give you? The best cream to use is Bepanthem and change the cling film and top up the cream twice a day for 3 days.

If you are worried, go and get his advice.

Hope it works out!

Advertisement