Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds V Spurs utv 745 ko.

• 03-02-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Leeds have a great chance to knock us out tonight the game should be 50-50
    I expect us to line out
    gomes
    corluka Dawson bassong bale
    bently huddlestone palacios modric
    crouch Defoe

We only have 4 defenders there to play so has to be them
    pav king Lennon assou-ekotto woodgate all out with gudjohnsen kaboul and walker ineligible to play

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

As nice as it is for a lower league team to beat a Premier League team in the cup, I personally (if I were were a Leeds fan) would want them to lose so that they could focus on promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

That_Guy wrote: »
    As nice as it is for a lower league team to beat a Premier League team in the cup, I personally (if I were were a Leeds fan) would want them to lose so that they could focus on promotion.

I agree but I just know once its kick off time, ill want us to stuff them. Cant be helped:D

I agree but I just know once its kick off time, ill want us to stuff them. Cant be helped:D

Totally understandable. You don't like seeing your team lose but at the end of the day there are more important things to be worrying about.

Same with ourselves this year. Got knocked out to West Brom which I was delighted about because I don't want it to hamper our promotion chances.

I wouldn't like to see Leeds lose out on promotion seeing as this will be the 3rd time (I think) that they're pushing for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tis the Catch 22 situation. Obviously don't want them to lose, but winning may not be the best thing. Do oddly think they'll snatch it knowing them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any spurs team news yet ?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Tis the Catch 22 situation. Obviously don't want them to lose, but winning may not be the best thing. Do oddly think they'll snatch it knowing them though.

Might run to the bookies and throw a tenner on Beckford to score first. 11/2 with PP.

Might run to the bookies and throw a tenner on Beckford to score first. 11/2 with PP.

Have Ladbrokes account myself...might check it out in a minute.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If you go through the Leeds official site, Paddy Power are offering 5/1 on us winning tonight. They are huge odds!

Think it will be tight, Larry already said that the team will getting changed around from Saturday as Hartlepool at the weekend is far more important than this. Will be interesting to see who he plays. I'm not bothered if we lose, it's probably a good thing if we do.

Looking forward to seeing a full Elland Rd in good voice :)

Kingp35 wrote: »
    If you go through the Leeds official site, Paddy Power are offering 5/1 on us winning tonight. They are huge odds!

Think it will be tight, Larry already said that the team will getting changed around from Saturday as Hartlepool at the weekend is far more important than this. Will be interesting to see who he plays. I'm not bothered if we lose, it's probably a good thing if we do.

Looking forward to seeing a full Elland Rd in good voice :)

Who's Larry?

Who's Larry?

Simon Grayson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Who's Larry?

The manager; Simon Grayson.

5/1 are great odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

STARTING XI - Gomes;
    Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Bale;
    Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone, Kranjcar;
    Crouch, Defoe.

SUBS - Alnwick, Dervite, Modric, Palacios, Rose, Dean Parrett and Ryan Fredericks-17yo winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

STARTING XI - Gomes;
    Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Bale;
    Bentley, Jenas, Huddlestone, Kranjcar;
    Crouch, Defoe.

SUBS - Alnwick, Dervite, Modric, Palacios, Rose, Dean Parrett and Ryan Fredericks-17yo winger.

We can look forward to seeing Jenas bottle tackles all night...

We can look forward to seeing Jenas bottle tackles all night...
    I know Hudd will prob be playing the defensive unit tho Jenas is muck when it comes to tracking back/defending corners/tackling and is only just slightly better then palacios going forward.

Leeds: Ankergren, Bromby, Michalik, Naylor, Hughes, Snodgrass, Howson, Doyle, Johnson, Becchio, Beckford.

Subs: A Martin, Crowe, Grella, Robinson, Somma, Hatfield, White.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Jenas is the last player you'd want at a roaring Elland Road I'd have thought.
    Subtle sabotage from arry.

I know Hudd will prob be playing the defensive unit tho Jenas is muck when it comes to tracking back/defending corners/tackling and is only just slightly better then palacios going forward.

Wonderful, instead of Jenas bottling tackles we'll have Huddlestone not able to catch the fúckers :D

Ankergren having another great game. Brilliant...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Come on the Leeds.

Ye beat United, so ye better beat Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are spurs a long ball team with crouch or a creative chip in team to crouch ? :confused:

entertaining match so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

about time defoe scores

cant believe he did score earlier

Spurs one up. That ball took an age to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Don't think he meant that :p

Don't think he meant that :p

He meant to score, he doesn't care how!

I missed the goal.

Was having a poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

1-1

Leeds equalize, Lovely jubbly.

Sloppy stuff from Tottenham. Go on the Leeds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I missed the goal.

Was having a poo.

Laptop in the bog with stream ftw :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You'd almost swear it was rigged the way that went. Spurs completely on top, go one up and then suddenly start making defensive errors with regularity.

God that's so typical

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We were fairly poor until spurs scored. woke up big time then though and on top the last ten mins. spurs should be a couple ahead but ankergren playing well again.

It's a cracking cup tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Go on the Leeds, had a cheeky bet on Draw no Bet at 16/1 in the running. :D

Smegball wrote: »
    Laptop in the bog with stream ftw :cool:

Dunno why I never thought of that - dunno why i'm watching it on the laptop either, seeing as it's on the telly. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Hughes is no Delap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

How did crouch miss that, If only he was a few inches longer.:D

The Muppet wrote: »
    How did crouch miss that, If only he was a few inches longer.:D

:eek:

Bloody Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

JPA wrote: »
    Bloody Defoe.

Bloody Defoe is right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Right, thank god that's all over. Back to concentrating on the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Happy with that. Good performance from the team and Defoe. I think that's his third hat-trick this season and he's already reached 20 goals. Thought Bentley was very good as well though, which is good to see.

Yeah Spuds were different class in fairness. Bentley played well, but Defoe should have got man of the match, he was so dangerous all night. He could have had more too, the incorrect offside when he was through, the one where the defender pulled him down in the first half, the offside if he had gotten away with it.

The longer Spurs stay in the cup the better

That'll have disappointed a few, Jim Beglin among them.

That'll have disappointed a few, Jim Beglin among them.
    If this is about Keane then thats so stupid, you were playing a league one side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oh well. Another good performance from our boys, now to take on Orient on the 13th instead and get back into the groove in the league. Now we just need to get out of that other crappy cup we're in.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If this is about Keane then thats so stupid, you were playing a league one side.

It had nothing to do with you or Robbie Keane, so pull your head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I thought there was supposed to be loads of Leeds fans in dublin. I was in a pub with my mate (who has no interest in soccer btw) and There was no one and I mean not a soul in there!!! I had the big screen all to my self!!

Leeds fans and spurs fans!! where were ye!!!

It was a good match. Leeds did themselves proud. against a premier league side it wasnt the massacre it could have been!!! Well done lads!!
    Marching on together!!!

Delighted with the result and defoe's return to scoring form the last two games.

Hard luck to Leeds but you can now concentrate on what you need to do and that's getting promoted.... and winning that paint pot. ;)

Bentley was superb last night. I've not seen him play like that in months. too little too late imo to be included in the WC squad but you never know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement