Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being paid agreed bonus

Options
  • 03-02-2010 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on an issue I am having with my pay, as I’m unsure where I stand. Just to clarify I'm not a banker I work in a call centre! This means that my basic pay is SFA. The only thing that keeps me going from week to week is the tiny bonus we get. This bonus is for making sales while dealing with customers over the phone, my primary job is customer support but they give us a bit of a chance to make some more. These bonuses are not explicitly in my contract but I do have written confirmation of amounts for sales etc. from my department manager.

As of late I seem to be earning less and less but still making the same amount of sales. I have approached my manager about this issue and have received an apology and some back pay (not all of it tho). However, the issue has not been resolved and I’m still not being paid for all my sales when it comes to pay day. My only option currently is to keep lists of all the customers I deal with (over 100 a day) going to my manager, receiving an apology, have my pay corrected and the issue remains unresolved. Having to confront my superiors about this every second week is getting stressful at the best of times.

My question to everyone is what is my company’s legal obligation to ensure I am being paid for the work I have done?

Any advice here would be great the weeks just keep getting tighter!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I would say that is not a bonus but rather a sales commission and as such it should be in your contract. I would ask your manager for a updated contract that clearly outlines the sales commission targets and rewards and see what happens.

Advertisement