Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with COmparitive, any help appreciated.

Options
  • 03-02-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I'm trying to study General Vision and Viewpoint, and I not sure exactly what I should be doing.My teacher wasn't the greatest when it came to this.

I'm doing:
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
    Billy Elliot,
    Dancing at Lughnasa by Brian Friel

And a bit of help with key moments would good too as it has been hinted for our mocks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

You're mainly looking at how the three texts make you feel ie. do they display a positive or negative view on life? For example, poverty is shown in Dancing at Lughnasa and Billy Elliot - this is a negative aspect of the texts. A key moment to highlight this would be when Jackie has to smash the piano for firewood at christmas. How did this make you feel?

The what parts of the text made you feel positive? Maybe how the sisters released their frustrations in Dancing at Lughnasa through their outbursts of dance.

In your opening paragraph you need to define what you think General Vision and Viewpoint is. It is the authorial outlook on life in a text, which generally influences our outlook on the text and the world in which it is set, they can do this for example - through key moments.

Hope this helps

Advertisement