Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera Mini Issues

Options
  • 03-02-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭

Right folks odd problem do a lot of my boards surfing from my nokia e51 using Opera Mini.

I have bookmarked my subbed forums and up till 10 days ago everyting was good but now when I click on lets say the Limerick City forum I might get after hours. If I try feedback I might get TV. Its driving me nuts. Anybody else have the same problem or is it just me.

I have tried clearing the cache even went to deleting and reinstalling opera.

Help please :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moving this to the Dev forum as a possible bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

sioda wrote: »
    Its driving me nuts. Anybody else have the same problem or is it just me.
    You're not alone, sioda. I have exactly the same problem. It could be an Opera server issue, but it's a right pain in the arse whatever it is! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Seems to be back to normal what did yee do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Turned it off and back on again? :D Seems OK on my end now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Ah, someone in the office must have leaned on the "break everything for Opera users button" again. Tsk tsk.

Must have been something strange with the Opera's Opera Mini server; we get strange problems every now and then since Opera proxies everything for the Mini client - if the proxy breaks, everyone gets a problem.

• Advertisement

Must have leaned on the button again dudes same symptoms as last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

sioda wrote: »
    Must have leaned on the button again dudes same symptoms as last time

There's nothing we can do about it, I'm afraid. There's no way of troubleshooting the problem and odds are it's a problem with the Opera Mini proxy anyway.

Thanks for the reply conor. Will get on to opera

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Could it be the phone compatibility with the Opera mini browser itself? I've been posting on Boards with this Nokia 5310xPressMusic phone for 2 years now and not had a slight bit of trouble.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement