Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert 2010 predictions & help (please)

Options
  • 03-02-2010 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hey there everyone,

so basically im freaking out over this hole leaving cert and im dreading the thoughts of failing:mad: especially higher level irish..... im completly screwed... id love if i got advice on hw to and what to learn for it.....cuz all my teacher keeps saying is LEARN EVERYTHING :(

please help me guys... and give me tips and would relly appreciate predictions for JUNE in

Irish (H) especially)
    English (H)
    AG Science (H)
    Home Ec (H)
    Art (H)

thanks a mil much appreaciated:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

You can't blame your teachers for giving you the advice of "learn everything". If you're serious about getting A1 in everything then yes, pretty much. However, if you want to just pass/get D-C, I think looking at the patterns in the exam papers. Personally, I was stressing out about how I am going to study everything for the Mocks but I was very confident that I would pass after looking at the past papers. I don't do most of the subjects you do so I can't really give you solid advice. I need help at english myself, but I just sat paper 1 today and it wasn't too bad, they generally ask the same questions year in and year out, it's just a matter of applying it to different articles/texts. As "some guy in another thread" said, 4 months is plenty of time to study and don't worry :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 notsosure!

hey there everyone,

so basically I'm freaking out over this hole leaving cert and im dreading the thoughts of failing:mad: especially higher level irish..... im completly screwed... id love if i got advice on hw to and what to learn for it.....cuz all my teacher keeps saying is LEARN EVERYTHING :(

please help me guys... and give me tips and would relly appreciate predictions for JUNE in

Irish (H) especially)
    English (H)
    AG Science (H)
    Home Ec (H)
    Art (H)

thanks a mil much appreaciated:)

tbh the whole controversy with the English paper 2 last year was caused because the paper was so predictable...that's what people were going mad about when it was canceled the whole what if its not the same, which it wasn't!!so you can guarantee in most of the exams this year the whole predictability feature is going to be gone....!!
    look for example last year in stair na gaeilge, on getting the paper it looked as if they had just photocopied the paper from 2008 as it was EXACTLY the same...!!
    also in many of the articles published last year after the leaving people complained of the predictable nature of many of the subject which was being slowly eased out in order to cap the number of people receiving 8,9 and 10 A1s etc a thing which was nearly unheard of years ago but which has grown from the grind school culture!!
    so basically what I'm saying is you sudnt be relying on hints at this stage....there's still LOADS of time after the mocks...leave the hints for the end of may when your in most need of them!!!

as for how 2 learn things...keep doing ques REALLY helps you'll be surprised how much your learning and practice makes perfect in Irish especially with formatting the question and writing what your asked!for the essay learn loads of versatile phrases so that you essay is littered with natanna na cainte which wrake in the marks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yesplease!

My irish mock exam is on monday, paper one! Im so worried!! I hate it, Im so lost!! Has anyone already had their irish mock?

Advertisement