Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What network has the best prepay data add ons?

• 03-02-2010 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on Vodafone bill and paying e10 a month for a 1gb data add on, which is pretty handy. But I'm thinking of switching back to a credit phone.

Can anyone tell me which of the networks offer the best value data add on to prepay customers that is as reliable as the Vodafone one. I checked the vodafone site earlier and it doesn't look like they offer any sort of data add on to prepay customers other than the 99c a day live package, so I am thinking of jumping ship to Meteor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks, Captain. I'll look into 3 so. Not that I need a huge allowance but I do find myself using the data network briefly every other day so it's usually cheaper to have an add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

does anyone know on the meteor pay as you go network, is there some code you can enter to see how much of your daily limit you have used up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Vodafone do a 30-day broadband add-on for Pay as you Go. Although introduced moreso for their pay as you go broadband service, you can actually buy this add-on on a Ready to Go account and then use it to access the ISP and HS internet APNs on your phone.
    €20 for 5GB usage over 30 days.
    Not exactly competitive or superb value but it is useful if you do use 1-2GB a month but do not want to be on billpay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Originally Posted by Meteor.ie
    How do I check my remaining balance?

You can find out how much of your 50 MB is left by dialing *#105# from your Meteor mobile.*

* Whilst Meteor always endeavour to ensure the completeness and accuracy of this balance at the end of relevant sessions, Meteor does not guarantee same and cannot accept responsibility for any variances that may occur.

Never realised this was possible, can you do this on O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

I'm pretty sure 3 still have a 1 GB for €9.99 data add-on for prepaid customers. However, their network isn't exactly the most popular... My opinion is that they got their act together with their mobile broadband product, but I still wouldn't touch their phone service with a 10 foot pole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 3 still have a 1 GB for €9.99 data add-on for prepaid customers. However, their network isn't exactly the most popular... My opinion is that they got their act together with their mobile broadband product, but I still wouldn't touch their phone service with a 10 foot pole.

There's nothing wrong with their phone service - it's the customer service people complain about. Bh it's not much of an issue anyway as it's rare to have to deal with CS and the hassle is still worth the savings. I moved from meteor paying €120 a month to paying €40 - I'll happily put up with the hassle to deal with CS if it ever becomes necessary. Also it is worth mentioning that sometimes their CS does actually work well.

If it is a technical problem then, yes, you will have to lie and tell them you have taken out your sim card and rubbed, kissed it; if it is a billing issue then their CS works well.

Advertisement