Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brawl In The Centre Of Cork City

Options
  • 03-02-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

http://www.eveningecho.ie/

What's going on now we have pitch battles in broad daylight in Cork.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

http://www.eveningecho.ie/

What's going on now we have pitch battles in broad daylight in Cork.:eek:

the story is no longer visible from your link. can u post the specific page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Yeah i was reading it on the echo. A pile of lads with hatchets and hurleys beating the crap out of each other ........what are the chances it was for a movie? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

the story is no longer visible from your link. can u post the specific page?

Click on the picture of the front page on the right of the home page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

nfis1v.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jesus, I just missed that by a couple of minutes! I finished a lecture in the North Mall Campus at about 12.40 and walked into town!

/edit: Oh, it was yesterday. That makes more sense. Still though, I was in a lecture until 12 there, so I still wasn't far off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Does anyone know what the fight was about?
    Who was involved? Travellers? Drug dealers? Foreigners? Prez v Christians?

Dob74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the fight was about?
    Who was involved? Travellers? Drug dealers? Foreigners? Prez v Christians?

"Prez V Christians"........But the fights would mess up their hair....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

A flash mob for the disaffected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I have an idea on that group of persons was involved but in this PC world we can't be jumping to conclusions :rolleyes: Will have to wait for the media to confirm it in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

"Prez V Christians"

If it was Prez V Christians it would have been slaping and pulling hair not Hatchets and Hurleys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hurleys and hatchets! hmmm.....now wonder who that could be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DelBoycie

It's a mystery. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Knocknaheeny/Hollyhill Haulting Site Versus Na Pairsaig Hurling Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I feel like I've been living under a rock! I have bought the stupid Echo every day this week hoping there will be some article on what that was about!

Someone please tell me! Was anyone hurt? Was it a protest of some sort? :confused::eek::confused:

NoDice wrote: »
    I feel like I've been living under a rock! I have bought the stupid Echo every day this week hoping there will be some article on what that was about!

Someone please tell me! Was anyone hurt? Was it a protest of some sort? :confused::eek::confused:

From the scared callers that 96fm got it seems to have went like this.

*Normal day on the bridge by the cinema.
    *Two large groups assemble and start running at each other,screaming etc etc.
    *Bit of a fight breaks out and they are armed with hatchets and hurleys but it doesnt appear that the hatchets were actually used.
    *Gardaí start to arrive. Hatchets ditched in the river and they all disappear and only one guy is caught.

How in Gods name they only caught one when there is a Garda station literally
    2 mins away is beyond me. No limbs were left around so either they didn't use the hatchets or they were just every ineffective with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Obviously reenacting the scene from Anchorman. With extra hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Is it wrong that I thought this story was hilarious when I first heard of it? Like a group of people just decided " right lads, we're gonna have this fight tomorrow at 12.45 sharp outside of the gate. Oh yeah and bring some sort of weapon".:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

I say there was a trouble in a pub between certain individuals from a certain community and the fight continued on into the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

bullpost wrote: »
    Hurleys and hatchets! hmmm.....now wonder who that could be?

Lumberjacks versus The GAA?

Has anyone heard anymore on this? Sorry to bring it up again but I think it's so strange that only one fella was caught in broad daylight practically next to the bridewell, that no one was hurt and there has been no media coverage on it except that one article in the echo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

.... Pres is gay!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Gordon Ramsey in town and shagged some hurlers wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Sounds like Braveheart meets Flash Mob.

Would you seriously expect the Gardai to catch anything more than a case of crabs or maybe swine flu?

Max001 wrote: »
    Would you seriously expect the Gardai to catch anything

I see your point kind of.. Just think it's really strange nothing else has been done about it, no follow up on it in the news..

Advertisement