Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Then on. Then on. Then on.

• 03-02-2010 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I decided to experiment with a larger digital canvas. Ideally I'd like to get this printed as a floor-to-ceiling display. Click through for the full size (teh big):

1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really like the idea, but my eye is really jarred by the mis-aligned frames... Colour is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I think its an interesting shot.

But you'd want to be fairly sure about it before getting a floor to ceiling print done!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

K_user wrote: »
    I think its an interesting shot.

But you'd want to be fairly sure about it before getting a floor to ceiling print done!

would work well rasterbated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I love the idea, something like this would look brilliant in my stair well. I'd like to see a continual line in the tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I like it also, but would it work better if the sky at the top was cropped down to just abovethe tree line to the eye "walks" the train track to the point in the distance rather than up into the blown out highlights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I like the idea, however ithink if you get it blown up large the fact the tracks are not aligned will only be highlighted further and you could find yourself with an expensive mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I'm guessing the collage effect with the tracks not lining up is deliberate.

The thing that stands out for me is the top third that's kinda blown out/no detail.

If you were to do it floor to ceiling I think it'd look good if the horizon was at eye hight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Was the blown-out sky also deliberate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Was the blown-out sky also deliberate?

Yeah, I was metering manually for the tracks and being a bit lazy in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

would work well rasterbated

That just sounds dirty.

OP I like it. the miss-aligned tracks & the different metering, gives the image a sense of movement. I'm not a fan of the blown out sky but it fits in well with the rest of the image.

• Advertisement

Let me settle the controversy by added a properly stitched and sharpened version which has most of the sky removed:

2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

I prefer the second one alright -- thought the mis-aligned tracks were really jarring. I'd leave in a little more of the sky, too, in the second one; didn't think it was too bad in the first version.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I really like the improved version, great idea. How big do want to print it?

Preferably floor-to-ceiling so maybe eight feet in length? I had a comment elsewhere about taking the first version and separating each 'tile' into its own print and stacking them vertically on a black frame.

EDIT: I popped it into Photoshop. Final print would be 27x64 inches. Two feet by eight feet. With a roll printer the long axis isn't a problem, but the width might be? I'd also have to find a mount in that size. And get it delivered to Galway.

Advertisement