Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio Diesel

Options
  • 03-02-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

hi guys n gals... where can you get bio diesel in Donegal or over the border (preferably not washed agri-diesel!) Is there anyone manufacturing Waste Vegetable Oil to make diesel? I know about plant oil etc. but I understand there is modifications that need to be done to the car so it can run efficiently on plant oil. I was on the phone to a guy in Carlow who makes it, but the deal is he'll sell you a tank of it, plus you have to collect it, plus you have to modify your car, plus theres not too much a difference in its price per litre with what diesel is per litre at the moment, 90c I think.....

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's an old thread here but Im not sure if it will tell you much.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

get it in lidil or aldi or asda , by the way what kind of car are you going to run on it , common rail diesel won't run 100% mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

your gonna smell like a cheap van driving about in that thing too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

inode wrote: »
    your gonna smell like a cheap van driving about in that thing too :p
    Or even a chip van :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Well, if it's cheap as chips, who cares :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

im meant chip haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

get it in lidil or aldi or asda , by the way what kind of car are you going to run on it , common rail diesel won't run 100% mix

Im driving a 2 Litre HDi, 00 reg, so Im willing to try out bio diesel as the cars not worth a fortune. Ive been looking at lot of youtube videos on the subject and I know the oil needs to be processed a bit before it can be used. Is the it Aldi, Lidl, ASDA vegetable oil you mean? Is it worth the difference in price?

Im driving a 2 Litre HDi, 00 reg, so Im willing to try out bio diesel as the cars not worth a fortune. Ive been looking at lot of youtube videos on the subject and I know the oil needs to be processed a bit before it can be used. Is the it Aldi, Lidl, ASDA vegetable oil you mean? Is it worth the difference in price?

its rapeseed oil you need not just any veg oil am not sure if its cheaper to buy it out of a shop or not , i'd be very weary about putting it in a hdi well a 100% mix anyway you could try 50/50 mix and see how she goes , you get kits to buy for to run it properly but their quite dear , older cars like a 1.9 TD VW would run great on it newer TDI won't most old TD or D cars will go fine on it just maybe a bit hard to start if on 100% mix

new i had this like somewhere , these guys will answer all your questions

http://www.futureoils.com/conversionkits.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

cheers for that, by the way how are the customs about this? Isnt there a way that you can self-declare the bio diesel / oil you are using... or is it that their fine about whatever you use so long as its not agri diesel?

• Advertisement

cheers for that, by the way how are the customs about this? Isnt there a way that you can self-declare the bio diesel / oil you are using... or is it that their fine about whatever you use so long as its not agri diesel?

customs can't say a thing

Advertisement