Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing screen in a monitor. need to find lcd.

Options
  • 03-02-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

hey guys, im looking to fix a monitor i have.

i broke the screen a few months back, but would like to repair it if possible.

I stripped it down with help from a friend, and found the model number i need.

its a samsung ltm220m2-l01 22" display.

also, would it be possible to replace it with any 22" screen or does it need to be the same?

anyone know where i could source one of these, without costing a fortune?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I don't know. Laptop screens can be bought easily enough. They are about 50 Sterling each secondhand. Have you tried ebay? It may be the case that they are cheaper new! I'd also be concerned that they are not interchangable, unlike most laptops.

WildeFalcon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the screen is interchangeable as ive removed it, and its only a matter of finding one that fits, and that has the same connections.

just havn't a clue where to get one. google just gives me very little, and ive placed a few order requests to the company's that do show up.

But id imagine they tend to deal with registered company's and large order's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

you could try www.mk-electronic.de Being a German company they are tedious to deal with but they might have what you want.

Rather than tormenting yourself on their site you could write to this fella.
    Mario Schmidtke
    www.mk-electronic.de

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think the problem you face with replacing a actual LCD monitor, is that the majority of the cost is the LCD itself. Making it uneconomical to fix or sell replacement parts. Laptops on the other hand have a large part of their value elsewhere, hence the large supply of spare parts.

Advertisement