Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal transfers

Options
  • 03-02-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello. Does anybody know anything about transfering from one course to another? I realsied early in the first semester that i was doing the wrong degree course, i went about transfer then, but was told i could wait until after Christmas exams. I decided to wait as i figured i would get more of a feel for the course i was doing (BA Joint honours), and i wanted to be sure of my decision. I had a commitee meeting about transfering, and was told i could, but it means starting from scratch in September. This is not the result i was hoping for, it means five years to complete an undergrad degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I was transfered into my new course officially around week 8/9 of semester 1....once you pass the deadline to hand in the internal transfer form,then it's too late and you have start the new course from scratch.I was very lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cindersmcgee

Im so annoyed about it though, i wish they had told me that in week 3 of semester one when i got the first form. I filled in the form and everything but because i thought i could transfer after Christmas, i waited. Really wish i hadnt now, i have to finish the year doing subjects i wont be doing next year, i could drop out i suppose, but i dont want to do that either:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

You also should probably check out the situation regarding your fees / grant asap as county councils generally won't pay for the same year twice even if it is a different degree course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cindersmcgee

Yes, i was thinking that about the grant. I must look into fees, i forgot that minor detail. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 punchie

cup of tea wrote: »
    I was transfered into my new course officially around week 8/9 of semester 1....once you pass the deadline to hand in the internal transfer form,then it's too late and you have start the new course from scratch.I was very lucky.
    Can you please tell me when the forms have to be filled in and handed in for me to transfer from Mary I to U.L. after the first semester.????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

punchie wrote: »
    Can you please tell me when the forms have to be filled in and handed in for me to transfer from Mary I to U.L. after the first semester.????

Well in UL, the 1st Student Status Committee meeting was held on 15/09/10, the 2nd meeting is held on 02/02/11. Not sure if transfers from Mary I would be treated the same/different to internal transfers in UL. Best thing to do is post on the education officer's thread and she should be able to confirm where you stand.

Here is a link;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055767345&page=14

Advertisement