Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peopleperhour.com - 2 Jobs - What would you bid?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope this isn't against the rules. I'm not advertising this site, I just registered on it and bid on the following two jobs. I'd like to know what other people would charge. Just curious to see as I have no idea on how to price jobs like this..

I'll post what I bid towards the end of the week. I'd like to see what people would bid first.

Job 1:
    We run our own bespoke task manager internally. It is relatively straight forward and runs from a MySQL database.

We require an application that sits in the system tray that allows our staff to switch between tasks assigned to them in the database.

When they switch task the system should ask for an update to what they have been doing and automatically add the time they have spent on the task to the database.

There must be a configuration tool that allows us to change the database connection string on each machine and to specify who is on the particular machine.

Job 2:
    I need an application to be developed with the following specification.

Spreadsheet or db which we can maintain and update. Clients are sent user name& password by us. Approx 50 clients growing to 150. Approx 50 products. Home page plain screen with logo, client enters user and pw. Clients details are shown from db. Client confirms all details correct. Client selects 1 of 2 product subtypes: books or exams. Client then checks off the products they require+enters quantities. Client enters order #. Client confirms order. Client is emailed confirmation+invoice (auto # generation), cc admin. Printer is emailed order ONLY if order is books. No online payments required.

Has anybody else used this site? How did ye get on?

Also, how would you go about pricing this? Just break down the problem into a few different task. Estimate hourse needed to complete each task. Multiply total hours by hourly rate?

Advertisement