Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the point...

• 03-02-2010 8:51pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

..of the new ticket barriers in Heuston ?

Is it just to make sure that folk will at least have a ticket to Sallins when they go to Cork , Waahterford or Kirrry ?

They seem a waste - online tickets don't work, contract tickets don't work so they still have to have a guy there to man them. And of course it being IE wherever there's one guy he has to be accompanied by a few others in case he gets lonely.

On the up-side I did notice that the STT Rail Security guys hanging around today didn't look like the usual Serbian Militia men freshly released from a Balkan jail - in fact one of them even smiled at an old lady and picked up her umbrella.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

On the up-side I did notice that the STT Rail Security guys hanging around today didn't look like the usual Serbian Militia men freshly released from a Balkan jail

Oh parsi...if only they could loan a few of the Serbian Militia teams to Bus Atha Cliath and deploy them on the N11 corridor routes these evenings.....a team close to Burn in Stillorgan and a few others along the way as far as Donnybrook.

I feel it would be a very good excercise in personal development to allow those enterprising young Irish members of the "Knowledge Based Economy" to actually meet up with arguably less knowledgeable,but better resourced foreign chaps whose task would be to ensure order is maintained and other passengers and staff are respected on the BUS service.

Whatever about the STT Guys picking up old ladies brollies,you can bet your sweet bippy the KBE lads would snap it in two and throw it away !!! :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I didn't realise things were that bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

no point in having them

Advertisement