Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballyliffin Hotel

Options
  • 03-02-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hi all, didnt post this in Weddings and Marriage coz probably only Donegal folk would have a better response. Has anybody had their wedding reception or attended one there? how did ya find it? myself and the fiance thinking of booking there.

If the mods really need to move this then ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Ok hotel. Been to a couple of weddings there. Would say it is 3 star. Food grand... nothing fancy but plenty of it. Staff friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Very popular hotel, dont think you could go wrong booking here, but also check out
    www.ballyliffinlodge.com

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

theboss80 wrote: »
    If the mods really need to move this then ok.
    nah its fine. :)

If anyone has anything negative to say about the place then please PM the info rather than post it here.

Other than that all comments are more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Been in quite a few weddings there, it's a nice enough place, staff are good, food is decent.
    The malin hotel isn't too far away and have some offers on at the minute and they have some sort of wedding show day coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Well thanks for comments, myself and the oh were down yesterday again and we booked the reception there for next march. Got a great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was at a reception there once but it was a good few years ago and wouldnt perhaps reflect what or how the hotel is run today but my experience at the time was a very positive one so lets hope they have maintained the high standards they had then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I been to a couple of wedding and even the odd funeral in the Ballyliffin, can only say good things about it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Ballyliffin is a fantastic location for a wedding - the scenery is amazing, with the beach less than a mile away for all your album pics..

check out this website for more information on the area

www.visitballyliffin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Had my own wedding in the ballyliffen lodge. Was really nice and modern. We found the others to be a bit 'dated'. Food was good and service was excellent. They have good deals on at the minute too for wedding bookings. One thing is though that a very large wedding would be too much in their hotel. We had 230 and it was just right. Any more and it would be overcrowded.

What we liked about the lodge was the round tables, whereas others was like school dinners on the long tables.

Best thing to do is go and have a look at each one and decide yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I was at a wedding there about 4 years ago and i thought it was very good, it was a very large wedding, about 300 people and as batman1 say it was long tables.
    But even though it was probably near max capacity, the service and food was top class, which to me is the most important thing about a wedding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement