Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amount I can withdraw on card

Options
  • 03-02-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I will be in England on Saturday and may need to pay for a car, the garage will not take a draft. Can I use my card, pass or credit card to transfer a large amount or what is the best way as i do not want to transfer money until I view it. Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

How large is large? Anything over a couple of hundred will not be an option on your pass card. You could make a bulk payment into your credit card and then use that to buy the car, however it might not be the cheapest way to do things, as you will be charged a 'cross border handling' fee by your bank, which is usually a percentage of the amount withdrawn/

Advertisement