Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to buy a Conference Club - Price? £1

• 03-02-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

"Chester City Football Club was officially put up for sale on 25 Jan. 2010.

The owners will accept bids from the CFU, local businessmen or other interested parties.

The club will be sold for £1.00 on condition that the purchaser agrees to pay all outstanding creditors and provide proof of funding to take the club forward.

Full disclosure will be made available to potential purchasers, subject to proof of funding being made available."

http://www.chestercityfc.net/article/3162678/Club-for-sale

Chesters ground, Deva Stadium, is the only club ground in football to be geographically located in two different countries (England & Wales).

I've about 35p in Sterling in my desk if anyone else wants to chip in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've about 35p in Sterling in my desk if anyone else wants to chip in?

I've £120. Wonder if that would pay off the creditors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I remember bidding a half bag of Tayto's and a sock I found under my bed for Newcastle Football Club last year.

My bid was rejected. They probably didn't have change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

It'd be hilarious if they jokingly sent around an email to all those that make the inevitable stupid offers saying that they have accepted your offer, you are now the legal owner of the club and because of that you now have to pay a £200,000 tax bill within the next 14 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I have contacts in the taxi firm that is on account from the club so if boards buy the club I can sort you out with transport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

jonnybadd wrote: »
    I have contacts in the taxi firm that is on account from the club so if boards buy the club I can sort you out with transport

The taxi fare would inevitably cost more than the club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement