Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic 50"

• 03-02-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Hey could somebody tell me what is the difference between the TXP50S10 and the G10, compared them on richer sounds and the only dieffernce is price, is the G10 just an updated model

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The S10 has a DVB-T tuner and I suspect only has an mpeg2 decoder, so it will only be of use with the UK freeview and not the forthcoming Irish DTT system.

The G10 has both a DVB-T tuner and Satellite receiver with MPEG4 decoder and freesat friendly system software. Due to the decoder, it can decode the Irish DTT, but may not be able to store the stations. It is also freeview compatible. Because of the decoder, it can decode HD satellite channels.

I think there are some other differences but those are the biggies.

The S10 is of next to no use unless you can currently receive UK terrestrial broadcasts. The G10 can get All the UK freesat channels wherever you are plus others channels. It may or may not be able to store the Irish DTT stations, depending on the service type flag RTE chooses to transmit.

I have the older version of the G10 - PZ81B- and it is a quite superb set. The G10 is even better, by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

cheers thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

just be aware that its only the UK G10 that has freesat tuner. the irish version has a DTT mpeg4 tuner and the regular analogue tuner.

the main differences between the 2 models are contrast ratio (30,000 vs 40,000), refresh rate (400Hz vs 600Hz) and sound. the G10 has better sound

adam

Advertisement