Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50's fashion

• 03-02-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Okay, so while it's easy to google, I'm looking for some advice for a 50's do I'm going to. NOT doing the full skirt/Grease look and wear pencil skirts/Cardis and red lippy quite a bit, so would love suggestions on how to improve that look...

Also make up help :)

I am a little confused tho and excuse my ignorance but google ha challenged my thinking; did these two different fashions exist together, or was one before the other...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Like Grace Kelly elegance?

Make-up wise they wore red lipstick, but also an almost orangey red lipstick. Eyebrow shape was more rounded than 40's square shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Larianne wrote: »
    Like Grace Kelly elegance?

Make-up wise they wore red lipstick, but also an almost orangey red lipstick. Eyebrow shape was more rounded than 40's square shape.

More so the rockabilly route. It being a buddy holly night and all that, altho I know technically he isn't classed as rockabilly but...

oh okay, gotcha! Hmmmm... I'll have a thinker.

What about pedal pushers if you usually wear skirts?

Or shorts?

I'm looking to see if I can find what I'm talking about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Only got high waisted short-shorts...
    or skinnys that could be turned with and worn worth runners maybe? Aint got pedal pushers!!

• Advertisement

I think they wore high waisted shorts in the 50's?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yeah I remember in the final scene in Grease some one runs around in denim shorts and a tied up gingham shirt! You could add red lippie and cats' eyes sunglasses.

Advertisement