Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband experiences/recommendations

Options
  • 03-02-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering what broadband is a good option in the Longford area.
    My mam is after getting herself a laptop and is mad to get onto the net.
    She is with Eircom at the moment and they are a bit more expensive than Perlico for broadband (€28 v €25 for the 3mb) (she has her free telephone allowance)

For paying the extra few euro will Eircom be a better service provider or are Perlico just as good/bad?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

Same situation here. My mam was looking for net. She was on Euphony but they dont do broadband. she wanted to keep all her calls free to landlines. so i shopped around and found vodafone to be a real winner. it is Euro 45 for all landline calls for free. it is also for 3mb line. eircom was a lot more expensive. she also gets 200 minutes to 3 vodafone numbers which was a bonus. it was the best that i could find.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

if you're in the town itself, see if you can get cable broadband with Crossan Cable, very fast, very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sonoftony

have to agree about crossan, its 39.99 a month but worth every cent

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

another vote for Crossans - excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

If you're in the town, get Crossans service. Otherwise Vodafone fixed line. (They have a line rental, off peak calls and 3MB BB option for €40 inc. vat.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sammyb

Was going to get Crossan's package before. Though do you not have to get the TV package with the Broadband? given I had Sky tv I backed out of this option. I am currently with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'm with eircom because Crossan was working out too expensive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭carab

I was thinking of switching to the Vodafone phone/broadband package. Does anyone have it, is it a good service? Thanks:) In Longford town btw

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

my mate has vodaphone in town. its terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sammyb wrote: »
    Was going to get Crossan's package before. Though do you not have to get the TV package with the Broadband? given I had Sky tv I backed out of this option. I am currently with Eircom.

no you can get broadband only, well worth it tho cos there is no issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement