Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else...

Options
  • 03-02-2010 11:19pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

know they will fail one of their mocks before they do it?:(

Got English Paper 2 tomorrow and Im screwed really. I really have tried the last week but there is an impossible amount of learning for a few days.

Guess I should have studied earlier...:(
    Can I have some reasurrance...:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

well just do ur best with it. Trust me, the mocks are merely a scare tactic and I would be more worried for someone getting A's in them than I would be about someone failing them.

Ull be fine. Theres loads of time left. But get working more or less now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

DB10 wrote: »
    know they will fail one of their mocks before they do it?:(

Got English Paper 2 tomorrow and Im screwed really. I really have tried the last week but there is an impossible amount of learning for a few days.

Guess I should have studied earlier...:(
    Can I have some reasurrance...:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Have you checked the thread on what questions are coming up in the mocks? That would really shorten down all the things you need to learn.
    It helped me a ton.

And don't worry i believe in you :rolleyes:
    *Gives you a reassuring backpat*

Try to remember, it's only the mocks anyway, if you're not happy with your results you have a few months to change that so you'll do better in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

ya im the same but i've atleast a bit of a good excuse!!:)....my damn dcg project is taking up all my time and i'd much rather work on that an do good in something that actually counts for points rather than the mocks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That is a really bad attitude to have and if you go into the exam thinking you have failed it than you are most likely to fail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Im exactly the same i have irish pass paper2 today and im going to fail do not know 1 story/poem.
    But i know our teacher said paper1 is worth more than paper2 so hopefully i can still pass over all=)
    Anyway going for da last bit of studying hopefully i can learn one..cos im going to be stuck there for 2hrs and 20 mins:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Dont worry too much about whether you fail or not. The mocks are just a learning experience. Just know that you have a little over 4 months left until the real thing so hopefully this will open your eyes a bit and be some motivation to get your head into the books

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Just wanted to say the exam went class today!:eek::D

Couldnt believe the amount of stuff I remembered. I thought my mind would just go blank and I would do terrible. Was really stressed last night trying to learn aload of stuff.

I know its English and they are marked poorly, but I think I will pass and maybe scrape a C...:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

I feel maybe there's something wrong with me! :rolleyes:
    Everyone seems to be so panicy about the mocks, yet here I am just reminding myself, 4 months! There's plenty of time!!
    I don't see why people are so worried about them tbh! Like, if you're worrying this much about mocks what are you going to be like in the real thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Hi, i was wondering do you think with work it be possible to get 4 b2s at higher level and a C

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Hi, i was wondering do you think with work it be possible to get 4 b2s at higher level and a C

Difficult but very possible, You just have to prepare yourself for a lot of studying, try to schedual your study so you have a nice flow rather than a few panicked weeks closer to the leaving cert.
    That's what i'm trying to do at the minute, it's the first friday night ever that i've opened a school book, i'm quite proud of myself actually :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I was going to be Screwed for Irish but someone told me what was coming up about 10 minutes before the exams so I pulled through.:cool: In any other situation I wouldn't have asked but I was desperate. =[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

MeganM wrote: »
    it's the first friday night ever that i've opened a school book, i'm quite proud of myself actually :D.

Same here , opened my Physics book and actually read it and took notes for 2 x 1 hour periods. Personal best ! :P

Advertisement