Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Interview Feedback

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nrgB

Oh and Exausted Angie… I did the gaelchultur prep course before and to be honest its a waste of money. its 125 euro and its rubbish! honestly you can get really good CD's from the library and if you keep listening to them it'll improve your spoken Irish loads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 delilahmac

nrgB wrote: »
    hey ive just had my interview for hibernia! they were lovely. i dont know what to think after it though. i felt good when I came out but I dont know now! i would be interested to know how other people are feeling… anybody who has recently done it??? thanks

Hi ya, I did my interview last Monday week on feb 20th and it only took a week to hear back. Got offered a place on Monday for April start! Delighted!:-)

I thought they were lovely as well. I was very unsure as to how it went too. Made few mistakes in Irish and felt they guided my answers once or twice in the English. I thought it was a 50-50 chance really. Couldn't call it. Obviously it went better than I thought though so you shouldn't worry either! Was your interview yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nrgB

delilahmac wrote: »
    nrgB wrote: »
    hey ive just had my interview for hibernia! they were lovely. i dont know what to think after it though. i felt good when I came out but I dont know now! i would be interested to know how other people are feeling… anybody who has recently done it??? thanks

Hi ya, I did my interview last Monday week on feb 20th and it only took a week to hear back. Got offered a place on Monday for April start! Delighted!:-)

I thought they were lovely as well. I was very unsure as to how it went too. Made few mistakes in Irish and felt they guided my answers once or twice in the English. I thought it was a 50-50 chance really. Couldn't call it. Obviously it went better than I thought though so you shouldn't worry either! Was your interview yesterday?

My interview was Tuesday so I'm still waiting to hear back. Ya I made a few mistakes. I felt great when I came out but I think I started analysing it too much.. I'll just have to wait and see! Congrats to you.. You must be delighted! Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3 treehouse1

The fact that they continue to allow huge numbers of people to apply for the course.. when thousands have already done the course and are now unemployed

shouldn't that be a sign to keep away from it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cazzyjens

hiya just wondering if anyone has any advice for me or has been though this. I had an interview for hibernia n feb 2011, I wasnt prepared for the irish and i knew i hadnt got in. I applied again, had my interview in May 2011, got grinds, my Irish was great the second time round. Really felt it had gone well and was disapointed to hear I hadnt got in again. I requested feedback, I was told I needed more experience in the classroom (I already have 7 years experience in the classroom and I know of people who never stood in a classroom and got in first time). They said my Irish was fine and to keep it up. They said my english was not up to standards i.e. I said "the teacher done/teacher did". Im thinking of applying again and hoping Ill get in the third time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement