Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business and Law UCD

• 04-02-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

filled out cao, business and law in ucd no.1. picked it because i wasnt 100% sure if i was going down the barrister or solicitor track and thought it would keep my options open, and that i would be able to decide in a year or two maybe. but emailed ucd and found out that you get a blb, which if you decided to become a barrister or lawyer would not be sufficient or very difficult to pass the blackhall or kings inn exams, and that it would take a further year or two to get an bcl.

if anyone knows whether this is the case or not, or have any other significant info. about the course, i would much appreciate it, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭mtucker

Honestly don't know who you emailed in UCD, but whoever it was they're lying to you.

Business & Law graduates get a BBL degree (Bachelor of Business & Law), it is a recognised law degree, the exact same as a plan BCL or a Law with History/Politics/Whatever course. You sit all the core subjects in first and second year (Contract, Criminal, Constitutional, Tort) and you get to choose what law subjects you do in third year (most choose to do Property, Equity, Admin etc.). You choose all your subjects in fourth year (bar one).

If you want to go for Kings Inns/Blackhall Place after UCD, you're well qualified. The fact of the matter is you wouldn't be allowed to enroll in a BCL undergraduate degree programme once you've graduated with a BBL, they're both law degrees.

I can only speak from personal experience, I'm a final year BBL. A huge number of people in my year are currently negotiating/signing contracts with law firms or arranging to study law postgrad.

Very curious to know who you emailed in UCD? PM me if I can be of any more help!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MarkDurc

it was a friend of mine actually that emailed, has the same course down number, i must find out who exactly he talked to and get back asap.

well if thats the case im relieved as ****, i knew when i seen it it was the right course, have you much to say about it from your experience?what route are u going down after your undergratuate?

Advertisement