Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karaoke in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭

Hay, a foreign friend of mine wants to do Karaoke in Dublin and asked me if I knew anywhere. I haven't a clue, anyone any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I believe it's on tonight in Sinnotts tonight.
    Maybe call to confirm.

It's often on in Break for the Border on Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Lots of places have weekly Karaoke sessions. Or if you're looking for a private group karaoke session then somewhere like Ukiyo on Exchequer Street has facilities for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Cheers for suggestions, keep them coming. Anyone know of anything going on on Saturday nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

Legal eagle next to four courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Melody on Capel Street.

You have your own little rooms and its BYOB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Darkey Kellys on Fishamble St have a good session on Friday nights from 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ukiyo is good craic. It's much better in the booths with a few friends instead of warbling in front of a room full of strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Morzadec wrote: »
    Hay, a foreign friend of mine wants to do Karaoke in Dublin and asked me if I knew anywhere. I haven't a clue, anyone any idea?

Is your friend Japanese/Other Asian?

They sure love their karaoke!

Darkey Kellys on Fishamble St have a good session on Friday nights from 8pm.

Was there once, decent place, standard was woeful for the most part, lol. :p

Captain America's have Karaoke on Wednesdays, it's listed as a student night.
    Pints and cocktails 3euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ukiyo is good craic. It's much better in the booths with a few friends instead of warbling in front of a room full of strangers.

'Tis, but I think you have to book a table for food to get a booth. And the food ain't all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

enda1 wrote: »
    Is your friend Japanese/Other Asian?

They sure love their karaoke!

Lol, no Spanish!

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll pass them on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

WindSock wrote: »
    'Tis, but I think you have to book a table for food to get a booth. And the food ain't all that.

Really? When I was there I just joined friends who had eaten there alright.

Didn't know it was a prerequisite of getting a booth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 storybud1

four roads pub...crumlin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Really? When I was there I just joined friends who had eaten there alright.

Didn't know it was a prerequisite of getting a booth.

I think the priority is given to those who do. Especially on the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

That place is great craic!

Last time I was in there, it was the day Chelsea had won the FA Cup... So when they killed the computers, but the microphones stay on... So naturally I, well oiled up on saki and vodka, started belting out ''Blue Is The Colour'', ''Pride Of London'' and ''Carefree'':D

Captain America's on Grafton Street also does Karaoke, on Wednesday nights I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 diamondkaraoke

Morzadec wrote: »

I know of a Karaoke d.j. in Dublin with great rates. was a really good night.
    very decently priced too if your having a party. call 087-9655777:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hello,

Does anyone know if Darkey Kellys gets a good crowd for the karaoke? Im arranging a do for some friends, karaoke seems to be it but need somewhere where we can have the craic and whatnot.

Do you just show up or do you have to book in beforehand?

Thanks,

Loopie

Loopie wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anyone know if Darkey Kellys gets a good crowd for the karaoke? Im arranging a do for some friends, karaoke seems to be it but need somewhere where we can have the craic and whatnot.

Do you just show up or do you have to book in beforehand?

Thanks,

Loopie

There was a medium crowd the time I was there, not packed but there were seats available.

There is no need to book, but get your name down as soon as you get there, there could be a good few ahead of you, if you aren't in a rush to get in and out, you should be fine.

Advertisement