Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Problem

Options
  • 04-02-2010 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

A year ago I bought a TV from a highly known shop in the country with a 3 year warranty. Recently I noticed a discolouration problem with LCD screen in the TV. Anyway, I brought it over to PC World where I was basically told there was no chance of me getting any of my 3 R's. The TV isn't damaged. It's a common manufacture error with the TV, apparently. They told me to go to the manufacturer. I told them that my contract is with them, they told me some garbage that while under warranty, it is under warranty with the manufacturer and not them, so it had nothing to do with them.

I told the chap I done a bit of Business Law in college and I know my rights. Quoted him the Sales acts, yada, yada, yada. Still refused my request and I asked to speak to a manager. Who was not helpful at all. Claimed he was a temporary manager and that this wasn't his area of expertise.

What do I do now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Put it in writing, send it to the manager. Give them time to respond. If they don't respond, or refuse to do anything, then you can use the Small Claims Court.

Also, you could just contact the manufacturer directly, as it might be easier that way.

Advertisement