Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite making noise when its shut down ?

• 04-02-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get this ? I have a new enough elite when i shut it down, it kept making the usual whiring noise. All the lights went off the controller goes dead but it keeps whiring.Unless i either unplug it or switch it back on and off using the console off button.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My 360 does that as well, pro edition though. It usually happens to be when I have being playing for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

yep it's natural, the console wants to cool itself down before shutting off completely. It's best to leave it do this process. Apparently it helps prevent RROD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Can also happen if you leave stuff plugged into the usb ports, but I'd say its just cooling as has been said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

tman wrote: »
    Can also happen if you leave stuff plugged into the usb ports, but I'd say its just cooling as has been said...
    Well that's to ensure that the controller and/or wireless headset is charged. Doesn't occur if it's wired. But most often than not it's for cooling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

tman wrote: »

That might be it i got the plug and charge kit so had that plugged in. Cos the xbox wasnt on for long maybe 10-15 mins. It never did it before so was getting panicy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That might be it i got the plug and charge kit so had that plugged in. Cos the xbox wasnt on for long maybe 10-15 mins. It never did it before so was getting panicy.

That'd do it, it'd keep the fan going while it's charging the controller when it's plugged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That'd do it, it'd keep the fan going while it's charging the controller when it's plugged in.

Thats a relief i was expecting the RROD.

Advertisement