Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eurovision entry 2010

Options
  • 04-02-2010 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I know it's not the coolest thing in the world to be a fan of the eurovision, but as an occasional and aspiring songwriter I can't help but like both the concept and the event - and, though I try hard not to, I do find myself sitting down and watching it year after year.

For the past couple of years I've gone that one step further and started writing and recording songs to enter. No luck being selected by RTE as yet, but that ain't gonna stop me!

Here's my entry for 2010 if you care to have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onw9TzsZ-kM

All written, performed and recorded in the spare room on a very basic Logic 7 set up (and I have to admit to being quite the novice with recording software, sorta have the manual to hand and rely on the presets alot!!).

Anyway have a listen and see what you think. I'm sure a alot of other entries will have been prefessionally recorded and produced and stuff so I don't really have my hopes up, but I like my little song - which is called 'Give me a Reason' by the way - and that's pretty much all that matters to me!

The singer is a girl I met at work. I think she's got a great voice.

Cheers
    Alfa

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

First off good luck with it.

Senondly i've heard alot poorer eurovision songs and songs in general than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

thanks lordgoat

unfortunately I just received the expected 'thanks but no thanks' from rte.#

oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Sorry, I have to be honest and say that it did nothing for me.
    There was no hook.

Now compare it to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJlQdXwJpY&feature=related

That's what you're dealing with!

E

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

AB,

First of all, hats off to you for getting into gear and trying to do something about our abysmal sequence of entries in the National and Euro SC.

And you probably know this already, but you need to be a little careful about where you display this song as putting it up on YouTube or here means it is ineligible for future National Song Contests as it is now effectively in the "public domain".

For example, Brendan Graham had an earlier version of Rock 'n Roll Kids rejected and came back a few years later with the McGettigan/Harrington performance that swept all before it.

Obviously, if he had released it or had it played on the radio (or these days You Tube, etc), in the meantine, it would then have been ineligible for inclusion in the 1994 contest.

I say this only in case you have other ESC ambitions for this particular song which you have written and recorded to a high standard.

So, good luck with all...

Advertisement