Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happened taste of Cork?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I thought taste of Cork was meant to be on every two years but from the website, there is no sign of Cork. Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Yeah I remember that alright, it was on some bank holiday weekend. Would be very interested to know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I thought that it happened last year but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

It'll be every two years in Cork, wasn't on last year, so should be on this year, that is if cutbacks havent cancelled it altogether!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It was on last year, wasn't it? I remember wanting to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Faith wrote: »
    It was on last year, wasn't it? I remember wanting to get tickets.

2008 was last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

I saw it advertised earlier this year to be happening in Cork 25-27th June - but can't find tickets anywhere now for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Kilnacash wrote: »
    I thought taste of Cork was meant to be on every two years but from the website, there is no sign of Cork. Anyone know what happened?

Apparently they are struggling to keep Dublin going (difficult to get companies to particpate) never mind coming to little old Cork!

Cork restaurants should take note of Ranelagh in Dublin's, Taste of Ranelagh and organise their own as part of a local festival - people can queue up and pay for a sampler of 1 of 2 of their dishes. Would work well in all towns in Cork (and across Ireland). At least they wouldn't have to pay big fees to enter and then loose a % of the money on exchanging the 'Taste Currency' back to Euros!

Would be fab to see some local initiative as we have the talent and food!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cathaloc

Just off the phone with the taste of Dublin people.

It was last on in Cork in 2008, and was initially supposed to be an annual event. They had trouble filling the stands so decided to make it every two years. However, it has now been cancelled indefinately. Real shame, I had a great time at the 2008 one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bally321

There is a food festival coming in June, have a look at this site I found www.corkfest.ie. They are saying that early bird tickets go on sale this week but don't say how much :( If it is open air then lets hope the sun in shining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

it went stale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

evilivor wrote: »
    2008 was last one.

Yes indeed, but I too was convinced that I covered it last year too ~ I was adamant! So went looking for my pics and they are dated 2008!

omg HOW TIME FLIES.

Advertisement