Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Arsenal Match Thread SS1 Sunday 4PM

• 04-02-2010 6:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭

b_4.pngCHELSEA -v- ARSENALb_1006.png
    Stamford Bridge Sunday 4pm
    Chelsea__v__Arsenal.png
    0,,12306~6923894,00.png0,,12306~3704977,00.png

Arsenal have Gibbs, Van Persie and Djourou all out. Eduardo, Diaby and Campbel could return.
    Chelsea have Essien, Bosingwa and Belletti all missing through injury.

Drogba back to terrorize Arsenal, Arsenal coming off a demoralising defeat at home need to win to stay in touch. Chelsea being inconsistent lately but back at home where they shine. Setup to be a cracker.

That cured half an hour of nothing to do :)

I predict 2-1 to Chelsea

Comments

Arsenal fan.

I agree. Can't see an Arsenal win. 2-1 Chelsea
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A repeat of our performance/scoreline at the Emirates please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im going say 2-0 chelsea. No matter who suspect we have been away from home in the last few games at home we are a different beast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

3-3

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

3-1 to Chelsea I'm afraid :( Needless to say I hope I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Arse won this match last season as far as I remember.

Severely lacking quality up front though.

Chelsea 3-1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Boggles wrote: »

Chelsea 3-1.
    2-1 but it was all Van Persie magic. Won' be happening this time.

Beat them 2-1 and spanked them 4-1 at the Emirates after that, spanked them 3-0 this season. They are due....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm in work so can't access the Arsenal website or any football sites so don't know if Diaby is fit or not? Think 11 days was bandied about but not 100% so threw Denilson in for safety's sake. If Diaby is fit he should definitely start, we'll need him in the middle.
    I also feel Bendtner should start, Arshavin through the middle just doesn't work and Eduardo could be fit again but I think Bendtner will be the better option for this game.

Left Back is a really worrying position for us at the moment. Compared to two seasons ago when you could depend completely on Clichy, last season he dipped in form and since he's been abck from injury this season he's been atrocious. I'm hoping it's jsut lack of match practice and he'll get back to his best soon but another performance like United on Sunday and Chelsea will crucify us and his back up's of Traore and Silvestre really don't inspire confidence either...

Not sure of the extent of Sagna's shoulder injury but if possible I reckon he will definitely start. Wenger seems to like to play Eboue in home games against weaker teams as he likes to get forward a lot more, we can't risk him doing that against Chelsea really. Vermaelen and Gallas will really have to be on the top of their games to keep Drogba and Anelka quiet..
    Also whoever plays RW will really have to put in a good solid defensive shift. Cole likes to get forward as we all know and both of Chelsea's goal from play in the last game came from his side.

Fabregas has the ability to boss that midfield, absolutey, but he needs a good partner in there with him to help. Denilson is solid enough and fairly reliable but I still feel Diaby provides the better option to partner Cesc here. Although if Wenger decides to go defensive Denilson will be the better option, certainly.

Up top we have great options that are capable of tearing any team apart, we really need a big big performance from Arshavin, he showed great glimpses on Sunday but we need end product from him, he absolutely has the beating of 3/4 of Chelsea's back 4 for pace and if he can utilise that we could be onto something.

Bendtner is only back from injury so can't expect miracles from him but his physicality will be a big bonus here is he can hold up play and bring Cesc into the game more.

As for Almunia, I don't even know. Chelsea could have a tactic of smashing balls into the box from anywhere on the pitch and it would probably pay off for them with his seeming inability to deal with anything but the most straight forward shots. He was great towards the tail end of alst year, and when he had a bad start to the season I tried to defend him but he is showing absolutely no signs of getting back to form and he is currently our number one weakness in the team.

Unfortunately I can't see past a Chelsea win here by at least two or more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

As a neutral "cough" I shall be cheering on the gunners on Sunday. I believe they have enough to win this one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Muppet wrote: »
    As a neutral "cough" I shall be cheering on the gunners on Sunday. I believe they have enough to win this one.

And what do you base this belief upon ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This should be a cracker with any luck.

I'm (obviously) hoping for a Chelsea win, and I'll take an indescribably ugly win too. 3 points is all I want; dull as dishwater 1-0 will do nicely or a scrappy as fúck 2-1. I don't want pretty. I don't want beautiful.

I WANT 3 POINTS!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

2 - 1 to the Arsenal no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Boggles wrote: »

Chelsea 3-1.

they did indeed.

vp brilliance, plus a large slice of luck did it.

but there's no way they have a chance this year. i just don't see it.

2-0 chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Come on Arsenal, BATTER them!

I predict this round 6pm on Sunday when Chelsea batter Arsenal

l1001b96.jpg

CHD wrote: »
    I predict this round 6pm on Sunday when Chelsea batter Arsenal

l1001b96.jpg

Don't count your chickens just yet,

7051_187220m.jpg

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Don't count your chickens just yet,

7051_187220m.jpg
    CHD_Counting.png

I have to say, Arsenal have been poor against the 'bigger' sides (Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool... and dare I say, Man City) this season:

29th Aug: Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

12th Sept: Man City 4-2 Arsenal

29th Nov: Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea

13th Dec: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal (first win)

31st Jan: Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd

Not an impressive record against the other 'big' (don't feel right about including Man City in there, but how and ever) sides so far this season. But, the Prem is so unpredictable at times... Could go either way. Shades of last season....... shudder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Come on Arsenal. If Hull can draw with them, you can win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Frisbee says everything there is to say from an Arsenal p.o.v.

No word yet either on the fitness of Diaby!

• Advertisement

Well I have faith in Arsenal for Sunday, fans putting us down because of a run of bad form, well we can pick up the form at anytime and hopefully we do that on Sunday and batter them. C'mon the Gunners.

Well I have faith in Arsenal for Sunday, fans putting us down because of a run of bad form, well we can pick up the form at anytime and hopefully we do that on Sunday and batter them. C'mon the Gunners.

I'm not putting us down because of our run of bad form.

I'm putting us down because Chelsea are much more dominant than us.

Stamford Bridge is one of the worst places to go when playing bad, good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I not writing off Arsenal just yet ? Maybe at 6 o clock ish on Sunday .
    They're just a team that you write off at your pearl .

Tight game , going for score draw 1-1 maybe 2-2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I am thinking this one might end in a score draw. Wenger is supposed to have laid into the team at training on Monday so expect them to be up for it. Clichy or Denilson can't be any worse then they were last week (touch wood) so a draw may be gettable and it still leaves the title race pretty interesting
    Drogba will deffo get a goal, when he plays against Arsenal he is like John Terry in a wags function :pac:

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Drogba will deffo get a goal, when he plays against Arsenal he is like John Terry in a wags function :pac:

Hehehe...;) but of course...

Can't wait for this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

CHD wrote: »
    CHD_Counting.png

You need a shave mate.

God yes... I should be in bed, catching a few zzz's before travelling... Buzzing about tomorrow now tho... Can't wait. Should be a cracker...:D

If selected, Petr Cech will make his 250th appearance and hopefully his 100th Premier League clean sheet.:) Quite the milestone!!!

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    You need a shave mate.

[IMG][/img]CHD_Counting.png

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think we can all agree that this one rests on Silvestre and his peanuty head.

I think we are going to run riot now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Hard one to call really, Chelsea scraping results against a team needing a result...If Arsenal perform they can win this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Arsenal to create some magic in this game, but Chelsea will probably be just as threatening.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Arsenal to create some magic in this game, but Chelsea will probably be just as threatening.
    Your getting soundly beaten like I told you you would a few weeks back ;)

• Advertisement

Hahaha... Here's hoping CHD's enthusiasm translates into a savage on-pitch performance!:D

Carefree..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If Chelsea drop any points, I'd be expecting 4 in a row for United. I don't think they have the strongest team in the league but, that hasn't stopped them delivering in the past. At this period of the season they always deliver the goods and I expect them to finish strongly.

Chelsea fans, write Arsenal off at your peril. On our day, we have the beating of any team. That said, after the United defeat last week (the nature of which disappointed me greatly) and the strength of the Chelsea squad, I expect a comfortable win for the Blues...unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

SlickRic wrote: »

but there's no way they have a chance this year. .
    Ludicrous statement to make about a side with so many match winners in their line up including Fabregas, Arshavin, Vermalen etc. Up until the Utd match Arsenal were being touted as serious title contenders and were favourites to win that match right up until Untd scored the opener, or dare I say the second. It truly amazes me how you can say that there's no chance Arsenal can beat Chelsea tomorrow. of course they can! Hull City proved during the week that Chelsea can be stopped!
    Very true. Arsenal are like United in that they are a great passing, goal scoring side who can turn it on even at seemingly the mosst unlikely times. As are Chelsea to be fair.

I can see Arsenal coming away with at least a draw here. In fact I think they will win it 2-1.

K4t wrote: »
    Ludicrous statement to make about a side with so many match winners in their line up including Fabregas, Arshavin, Vermalen etc. Up until the Utd match Arsenal were being touted as serious title contenders and were favourites to win that match right up until Untd scored the opener, or dare I say the second. It truly amazes me how you can say that there's no chance Arsenal can beat Chelsea tomorrow. of course they can! Hull City proved during the week that Chelsea can be stopped!
    Very true. Arsenal are like United in that they are a great passing, goal scoring side who can turn it on even at seemingly the mosst unlikely times. As are Chelsea to be fair.

I can see Arsenal coming away with at least a draw here. In fact I think they will win it 2-1.
    Hull played very well. Look at them today. Chelsea were playing their 2nd away game in a few days after a tough game at Burnley.

Arsenal are playing so-so and coming off a loss and visit Stamford Bridge. Everything points to a Chelsea win, they will cope with everything Arsenal throw at them, bide their time and win this by two goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I think Arsenal will take some of the chances that they missed against Utd and definitely score tomorrow. It will depend on what happens at the other end and if Wenger has managed to clean up the defence in the space of a week.

We shall see. Intriguing encounter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

I fancy Arsenal to take something from this.

1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Apparently Cashley has just gotten dumped by Cheryl too.

Hopefully this stuff takes Chelsea's eye off the ball 'cos it's hard to see how Arsenal will get anything otherwise. I'd be very happy with a draw.

(I said that about the corresponding fixture last season, hopefully it does the trick again!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Come on the Arse!

I'd be very happy with a draw.

As would I, I just really can't see us getting anything out of this game unless we put in the best performance of our season to date.

We could hope that Terry will be distracted after all the uproar but he was as composed as ever last weekend.

Who will partner Cesc and Song is still the big question for me?

Will it be Denilson to give us a little more defensive cover?
    Will it be Ramsey for his better attacking play?
    Or might it even be Nasri or Rosicky for the experience they'd have over Ramsey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    As would I, I just really can't see us getting anything out of this game unless we put in the best performance of our season to date.

We could hope that Terry will be distracted after all the uproar but he was as composed as ever last weekend.

Who will partner Cesc and Song is still the big question for me?

Will it be Denilson to give us a little more defensive cover?
    Will it be Ramsey for his better attacking play?
    Or might it even be Nasri or Rosicky for the experience they'd have over Ramsey?

To be honest, I'll be happy as long as it's not Denilson! He'll just get torn a new arsehole out there. He's not really good enough to be playing on a regular basis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm thinking 2-0 Chelsea. :(
    Hope I'm wrong though. Very very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I actually am quite indifferent to who wins this match. I would just like to see either team try and ruin United's recent stranglehold on the EPL, so I guess I'd probably prefer a Chelsea win as they have a better chance of winning the league than Arenal. Either way though, I'd just enjoy seeing a different team lifting the trophy in May.

Nervous now. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement