Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -v- Arsenal Match Thread SS1 Sunday 4PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm afraid so.

14 years managing in the Premier League and they still struggle against physical teams.
    I think it should be noted tho that Chelsea mix physical with good skill to great effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

flahavaj wrote: »
    Say what you like about Benitez but he's the best tactician on a one off match basis in the Premier League, if not Europe. Hence his good European record and consistent ability to pull off the big result when absolutely necessary.
    Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Did Richard Keys say that Droba was 9/2 for a hat trick? Good odds. Think it's on Sky Bet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Say what you like about Benitez but he's the best tactician on a one off match basis in the Premier League, if not Europe.

I'm actually disturbed after reading that, are you after escaping from some sort of mental asylum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

That_Guy wrote: »
    Did Richard Keys say that Droba was 9/2 for a hat trick? Good odds. Think it's on Sky Bet though.

Hardly, I'd price it about 2/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Goalkeepers are one of the big differences in the game. Cech has looked comfortable on crosses, great save from Arshavin, great work on what could have been a dangerous one-on-one with Nasri.

Almunia, not really to blame for either goal, but it would have been possible to get to the ball before Drogba for the first goal. The second goal he had a look of fear when Drogba hit it; no way he was gonna try to get in the way of it. Pretty much got out of the way of the ball.

Both were difficult, but this guy is playing for Arsenal; when is he gonna make a world-class save?

Too easy for Chelsea; sit back, defend, counter attack. Not much thinking involved and they don't have to take risks, even if it was 0-0. Some great passing by Fabregas though but Arshavin's decision-making and finishing is poor again.

Related to the keeping issue, from the BBC site -
    Arsenal have faced just six shots on target in the games against Man Utd and so far versus Chelsea, conceding five goals. Generous."

Not really surprising Wengner apparently tried to sign Sorensen in January.

That would've been a nice goal from Chelsea if Lampard had found the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ivanovic hilarious there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I'm actually disturbed after reading that, are you and after escaping from some sort of mental asylum

FYP:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm afraid so.

14 years managing in the Premier League and they still struggle against physical teams.

Its nothing to do with physical prowess in this game. I even seen Drogba get knocked off the ball by Fabregas at the start.

They throw too many men forward and leave themselves disorganised at the back. The injury to Van Persie is what leaves us one dimensional at the front. Its nothing do with physicality.

Jose mourinho is the best single tactician in Europe and it's not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He's 4/1 to score next.

No idea what it means though :P

damon_team_america.jpg

What's he doing there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

633585825237049699-mattdamon.jpg
    Is there....

Almunia is one useless ****er. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

edit: ^ im slow

nuxxx wrote: »

It's Doppelganger week in Stamford Bridge too. :D

nuxxx wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

damon_team_america.jpg

What's he doing there?

Probably in london for premier of that movie 'Invictus', about SA winning the rugby world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

damon_team_america.jpg

What's he doing there?

In town for Invictus première? Must have stuck around.

d'oh, too slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Rekop dog wrote: »

I might be biased but Sir Alex Ferguson for me!

Oh Nasri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Nasri stuck in two minds. I think he was trying to open up his body to slot it.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Yet he's never beaten Rafa in the many many times they've come up against eachother in cup competitions.

Who? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Guardiola ftw.

The bias in you is strong for one so young.

redout wrote: »
    Guardiola ftw.
    wat. I could coach that Barca team to success

Actually Ferguson struggles in one off tactical encounters imo, as is apparent when you view his record against the top 4 over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Am I in the wrong place for the Arsenal Chelsea match thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Same old story.....Arsenal can't shoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm actually disturbed after reading that, are you after escaping from some sort of mental asylum?

I wouldn't expect any less from you in fairness roker lad.

Tell me who's better in a one off tactical battle in that case, I'd imagine you have a long list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

CHD wrote: »
    +1

haha

Bendtner on, Walcott off. Right move imo. Walcott really hasn't been playing well recently. He's not been given any room to run at people. Credit to Chelsea's tactics.

Andy Gray "You can't help feel that Arsenal need to score." Is there a way to contact Sky to offer to pay more for my sports subscription because whatever he's getting paid it isn't enough. I wouldn't have a ****in idea what to think if he wasn't giving us his expert ****ing analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Actually Ferguson struggles in one off tactical encounters imo, as is apparent when you view his record against the top 4 over the last few years.

Pains me to say it but this. He's not a poor tactician per se but there are better around. Fergie's true strengths lie elsewhere.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Am I in the wrong place for the Arsenal Chelsea match thread :)
    Yeah you right, C'mon Chelsea get a third :P :)

amacachi wrote: »
    Andy Grey "You can't help feel that Arsenal need to score." Is there a way to contact Sky to offer to pay more for my sports subscription because whatever he's getting paid it isn't enough. I wouldn't have a ****in idea what to think if he wasn't giving us his expert ****ing analysis.

As if it weren't obvious already. Surprised he's not writing for The Star..... Wait? What? He is?

71% Possession for Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pains me to say it but this. He's not a poor tactician per se but there are better around. Fergie's true strengths lie elsewhere.

By those standards Benitez is a managerial genius, he can beat United and Chelsea no problem, he just cant take those victories and turn them into impetus for his side to go on and win anything.

Glazers Out!

Very promising position for this free kick. Come on Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Penalty!!!!!!!

Great save from Cech.

Good save Cech. :mad:

Good boy Cech

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    Guardiola ftw.

yeah but Pep hasn't been around long enough to be considered yet Imo. Jose has been doing it year in year out for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

To be fair to Arsenal, Cech has been Chelsea's second best player.

Still think Lazarus will get his hattrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

yeah but Pep hasn't been around long enough to be considered yet Imo. Jose has been doing it year in year out for a while now.
    Genius LoL at CHD and coaching them.
    610x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

****in Cech playing like he's back in '05...Arsenal really looking dangerous. Goal(s) coming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement