Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cartilage piercing infected.

Options
  • 04-02-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

My piercing seems to be infected, I woke up this morning with this big bubble next to the piercing, tried to pop it but nothing came out but blood. What will I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That does not mean that it is infected. If it was infected it'd be sore, probably inflamed and there'd be more than likely a pretty bad smell from it.

How old is the piercing?

What you should do is follow the healing guidelines as if you had a new piercing (boil water, add a little sea salt, allow to cool and soak the piercing in it) and get in to see your piercer asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

That does not mean that it is infected. If it was infected it'd be sore, probably inflamed and there'd be more than likely a pretty bad smell from it.

How old is the piercing?

What you should do is follow the healing guidelines as if you had a new piercing (boil water, add a little sea salt, allow to cool and soak the piercing in it) and get in to see your piercer asap.

Piercing is proberly about 4 months old. I have already started cleaning it with the water/sea salt but wanted to knw if its something serious. Ill get down to the piercer as soon as I can.

Before that however does anyone know what it might be?

Not sure, but I'd not have advised you to pop it tbh... first guess would have been keloid, but that doesn't sound likely if you could 'pop' it.

Your piercer should be able to tell, as it's almost impossible to tell without seeing it. Is it sore or inflamed or is there a smell from it though?

Not sure, but I'd not have advised you to pop it tbh... first guess would have been keloid, but that doesn't sound likely if you could 'pop' it.

Your piercer should be able to tell, as it's almost impossible to tell without seeing it. Is it sore or inflamed or is there a smell from it though?

I dont get a smell from it or anything no, I actually used a needle and just punctured it to see if it was full of puss or anything. But it just starting bleeding and has now stopped.

Its not sore or anything either.

I'd say it's a safe enough bet that it's not infected then, but for the minute treat it like it's a fresh piercing till you get your piercers opinion on the lump/bump

• Advertisement

I'd say it's a safe enough bet that it's not infected then, but for the minute treat it like it's a fresh piercing till you get your piercers opinion on the lump/bump

Chears, went down and he said to clean it with the water and salt and maybe cut my hair shorter so its not sitting on or around it....

Excellent, glad to hear it! :)

Excellent, glad to hear it! :)

Thanks for all the help Damo, Appreciate it.

Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

thought id post my question in here to avoid clogging the place up with similar questions.

got my helix done last week, all was grand and no swelling, then i got a cold this week and i think i slept on it too and my ear is now sore and swollen. ive a good few piercings already and logical thinking would tell me that its just healing and my colds not helping it either but i'm just wondering at what point should i go back to my piercer if the swelling continues? cause it is quite sore! thanks!

Advertisement