Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour in May?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a small south facing garden, no grass just pots and baskets. Normally plant the baskets etc around April, and they are nice for summer (or what passes for summer here!), but this year I would like plenty of colour for May as I will be having a couple of family get-togethers that month. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Hi face2face,
    You could try being nicer to your husband and maybe he'll put some colour in your cheeks for you !!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

An admittedly rather expensive option would be to ask a garden centre to start some baskets for you - they can grow them under cover and get them going earlier.
    Otherwise you could have some baskets ready to plant, and buy whatever is in flower in the garden centres in late April. There will be a lot of bedding which it might be a bit early to plant in the garden, but you could plant up baskets and possibly bring them into the house or garage overnight if frost threatens.
    There are a few shrubs that you could buy in flower or nearly in flower and put in tubs - broom would be one. Maybe other people will be able to suggest others.

Advertisement