Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Nights Out

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Anyone else noticed that every single event in work revolves around drink?

I'm not talking about social clubs etc but if someone is leaving / having a baby / teams moving / someone changing department / promotions etc. Everything that happens in work that requires a meet up revolves around drink.

There doesn't seem to be such thing as going out for a meal, bowling etc. I find that if we DID go bowling (for example) you have a lot more craic. People who want to drink can drink and the non-drinkers don't sit there getting bored.

Just wondering if it's just this place or is everywhere the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Yeah, I totally agree.

It's easy to turn into a hermit when you don't drink in this country. I always do my best to go to these occasions but when the tipsiness sets in I usually head home. It's great if you have another non-drinker there.

I think the last time we celebrated something without drinking it was our Junior Certificates, we went bowling.

Advertisement