Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC speed upgrade

• 04-02-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi guys,

For this UPC speed upgrade you go to the website and register and in the small print below it states that you agree to enter into a new 12 month contract!

If you wait for them to upgrade you automatically do you avoid being locked into a further 12 months with them?

Cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They won't upgrade you automatically. You just stay at your current speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

kco3d wrote: »
    If you wait for them to upgrade you automatically do you avoid being locked into a further 12 months with them?

Yep. If you don't want the upgrade now and don't sign up on the site (and it may not be a good idea to do so anyway, look at the sticky at the top of this forum!), then there is no new contract. They have stated that everyone will be upgraded anyway sometime in March...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 floz

I was told by customer support that all accounts are automatically migrated to the (respective) higher speed. This was meant to happend between April and May — but our account's still running on the old speed. I contacted them again a couple of weeks ago and they said that it's taking a little longer than expected, but I'm still getting upgraded automatically and without entering a new 12 months contract.

Here's the email:

Ref: XXXXXX

Dear XXXX XXXX,

Thank you for your recent email.

Please note that the Auto upgrade of the Broadband Speed is under process and it will happen soon.

Also I would like to inform you that the auto upgrades of the Broadband Speed will not have the condition of new 12 months contract.

Please note that if you upgrade the Pack on your own it will commence the new 12 months contract for your subscription.

I hope this is to your satisfaction.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to email us on customer.support@upc.ie

Kind regards,
    Manisha

UPC Customer Support Team

Advertisement