Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else sick of Portsmouth?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Thought I'd bump this back up since they're facing the winding up petition later today.*

If I was waving my magic wand about, I'd want to save Pompey from their creditors. Maybe they get relegated this season, have a fire sale in summer, and start next season with nothing but a youth team, a 10-year lease on Fratton Park, and -20 points in the Championship. I don't think any real sports fan would ever want to see another fan's club disappear off the map, so even if they can hang onto the threads of their former existence, the die-hard fans will keep coming back.

Having said that, I will have no pity for the club or the fans if they do go under. Naturally all the pertinent decisions were taken by people at the top, not the fans themselves, but I didn't see too many of them complaining during all the insane spending either. The attitude and the approach of the club has damaged this league over the last couple of years, and frankly they're continuing to take the peas with the repearted changes of ownership this season. They're already taking about selling it on again, making it 5 owners in one season.

Summary: if I had the choice, I'd want them to go on, but if they have to fold after today then I won't be feeling too much pity.

* Probably - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jwxidJEarVL7TtSvncBJ2vXwRxLQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

How were the fans to know how the finances were doing? No pity for the fans because they didn't protest when times were good and there was no sign of anything going wrong? It's not like at Man U or Liverpool where there is clear documented proof of the rotten financial deals keeping the clubs in business but at Portsmouth the truth about the horrible mess was only known to a select few and I for that reason I have the utmost sympathy for the fans. No one really knows the full extent of what happened even now.

IMO the FA/Premier League have a lot to answer for. They should not let clubs exceed their income and should have some form of penalty (either points deduction or a transfer freeze) in case they do step out of line. There's a hell of a lot of clubs that are in danger of falling into this trap and there are only so many sugar daddys in the middle east who will be willing to swoop in to the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Several people from the FA spoke out against what was happening at the club in 2008, indluding Lord Mawhinney and Lord Triesman. The FA and the Premier League were powerless in it all, unfortunately, and they couldn't tell the club how to run itself. That is changing now with the new "financial fair play" rule coming in, which I see as a tremendous step forward for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I feel very sad for Portsmouth. I don't understand why the can't just declare bankruptcy, sell all their assets, find a new investor to float them for a few years, and only go down a division or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

PHB wrote: »
    I feel very sad for Portsmouth. I don't understand why the can't just declare bankruptcy, sell all their assets, find a new investor to float them for a few years, and only go down a division or two.

AFAIK bankrupcy is something only available to individuals. The equivalent for a company is liquidation and is much more strictly regulated to protect creditors.

I think we'll probably see an adjournment today. Or administration.
    I very much doubt the club will be wound up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Feel so bad for the supporters of the club, with what they have had to put up with this season, looks like the merrygoround will finally come to a stop soon with the hearing at 11:30.

Whatever happens looks like relegation is a certainty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

supposedly the inland revenue has rejected a cash offer from Portsmouth, they really could go to the wall here today. awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »
    supposedly the inland revenue has rejected a cash offer from Portsmouth, they really could go to the wall here today. awful.

apparently they were offered a very large portion of the debt today, but Pompey couldn't commit to a schedule for repayments of the rest.

Personally, I don't understand it.

If HMRC 'succeed in getting Pompey wound up they get absolutely nothing. If Pompey remain going then HMRC can get the money owed to them.

I find it a disgrace that Pompey have managed to come to deals with all other creditors (according to the BBC) but the that it is the Government (i assume HMRC is part of the government) who Pompey fans pay taxes to that are trying to destroy the club.

Personally, I can't see them getting wound up today - there will either be an adjornment for 28 days (as Pompey have requested) or they will be forced into Administration.

Being wound up helps no one at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

If HMRC 'succeed in getting Pompey wound up they get absolutely nothing.

wrong, all the assets get sold to pay creditors and HMRC will be the first to be paid

pajodublin wrote: »
    wrong, all the assets get sold to pay creditors and HMRC will be the first to be paid
    fair enough, i heard differently this morning.

Everything i have seen indicates it would be better if Pompey were allowed to continue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

pajodublin wrote: »

Unfortunately Pompey dont own the ground or the land - one of the previous owners does from what I'm told.

I work in Pompey so a lot of ppl I know are supporters and if you are watching from a distance its easy thing to say "let them go to the wall" but when you see how it will affect the area, its a different story.

sneakyST wrote: »
    Unfortunately Pompey dont own the ground or the land - one of the previous owners does from what I'm told.

I work in Pompey so a lot of ppl I know are supporters and if you are watching from a distance its easy thing to say "let them go to the wall" but when you see how it will affect the area, its a different story.

if that is the case, what kind of assets would they have?

No ground or land to sell, no players to sell.

Do they own their training ground? Would they have much furniture to sell?

Honestly, if the ground/stadium and players can not be sold, then what kind of assets are HMRC looking to strip for repayments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Columbia wrote: »
    Several people from the FA spoke out against what was happening at the club in 2008, indluding Lord Mawhinney and Lord Triesman. The FA and the Premier League were powerless in it all, unfortunately, and they couldn't tell the club how to run itself. That is changing now with the new "financial fair play" rule coming in, which I see as a tremendous step forward for the league.

The FA only care because it has gone wrong. Imagine what would happen if every owner in the EPL decided to withdraw their funding. Pretty much every club with the exception of three or four would go bust overnight.

Although the loans are with banks, a lot are underwritten by a wealthy owner. If they withdraw then the banks would withdraw any credit and dry up every teams cashflow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

if that is the case, what kind of assets would they have?

No ground or land to sell, no players to sell.

Do they own their training ground? Would they have much furniture to sell?

Honestly, if the ground/stadium and players can not be sold, then what kind of assets are HMRC looking to strip for repayments?

I think they do own the training ground but I know the Council own some of the land around the ground - its a bit of a mess really.

Live blog from court here:
    http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?pageid=81654

Good article on what could happen here

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Options-running-out-for-Pompey.6051891.jp

Got it from the previous blog link.

Just seen Cardiff and someone else (Southampton/Southend?) have been given a further 28 days to sort their tax issues out. Can't see the same not happening with Pompey.

Just seen Cardiff and someone else (Southampton/Southend?) have been given a further 28 days to sort their tax issues out. Can't see the same not happening with Pompey.

It is Cradiff and Southend yeah,

the difference i think is that those clubs don't owe others huge sums of money.

I think it will happen today for Pompey, they won't get another 28 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

the decision is iminent

i as a liverpool fan and a football fan would hate to see the worst case scenario happen to Portsmouth. the op is a disgrace and obviously isnt a real football fan.

what would you do if your team didnt exist anymore...............................

as a liverpool fan i know what its like to have crap owners. and im sure most united fans know the feeling. its ridiculous that owners could plummit a club into so much debt. Liverpool and United arent as bad off as Pompey but this is a big wake up call

i feel for Pompey fans today and hope that their club still exists tommorow

Looks like against the odds the case has been adjourned, no word on how long for yet. - EDIT - 7days

The HRMC say they are owed £11.5 million and came looking for £7.4 million of that today.

Hopefully it gives Pompey time to sort it out if their case of 2 solid offers for the club are true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

they have 7 days to sort out the club!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

There was a business guy on Sky yesterday saying that if a settlement wasn't reached then he expected them to be liquidated today. Also said if they weren't a football club but a regular business they would be most likely gone already. BBC reporting that HRMC turned down the offer from Portsmouth. I expect them to be liquidated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

According to the live feed that was linked on the last page, there have been talks with two parties who are 'seriously interested' in taking over and clearing the debts. I guess they have a week to the day to make that a reality. Hopefully it'll work out.

Turns out it is 9 Days now,

the 7 Days they were given are working days. So Friday of next week.

Is that time enough for new owners?

There was a business guy on Sky yesterday saying that if a settlement wasn't reached then he expected them to be liquidated today. Also said if they weren't a football club but a regular business they would be most likely gone already. BBC reporting that HRMC turned down the offer from Portsmouth. I expect them to be liquidated.

Ha - expert timing by moi.

Still wouldn't be surprised if they were wound up in 7 days.

The only thing the club appear to have of value is the fact that they are a premiership club, which looks likely to be gone come the end of the season.

Really can't see the business logic in paying £60m for a Championship club with no stadium and just the merest shreds of a squad. Surely there has to be better options out there.

I'd laugh my tits off if Bill Gates bought the club and injected gazillions making us richer than Man City.

Maybe the OP would suddenly find himself having a "soft spot" for Pompey as well!

• Advertisement

I hope it gets sorted for them. have til friday next week to get it done though.

Apparently Pompey offered to pay HMRC 7.5million today, and sort out the schedule for the remainder at a later date, so they seeming have 7.5million ready to give to HMRC, need to find another 4million.

The next 9 days are going to be very interesting indeed for pompey, I really do hope they can find the cash needed.

Ha - expert timing by moi.

Still wouldn't be surprised if they were wound up in 7 days.

The only thing the club appear to have of value is the fact that they are a premiership club, which looks likely to be gone come the end of the season.

Really can't see the business logic in paying £60m for a Championship club with no stadium and just the merest shreds of a squad. Surely there has to be better options out there.

It has a ground, a place in the league and a big support. League position is temporary, the fan base is not.

It has a ground, a place in the league and a big support. League position is temporary, the fan base is not.

is it worth 60million though?

I can't see them avoiding relegation this season, so you'd have to question whether you could buy a Championship club in a better financial state for the same money.

I remember reading Ashley would sell Newcastle for that kind of amount, and I would see them as a better buy at that price (though i am unsure as to their general financial plight). I'm sure there are others too, where the debts are not such an issue.

If this was the summer, and Pompey were to be a prem side next season, I would say that they are an attractive enough proposition, even if it was december so there was a transfer window to strengthen in, but as it is I can't see the attraction in buying them.

I would imagine it will be tough for Pompey to sell up right now.

I wonder if they could get an advance on money they would get in the summer from the PL (either from due TV money for next season or the Parachute payment they would get).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd laugh my tits off if Bill Gates bought the club and injected gazillions making us richer than Man City.

Maybe the OP would suddenly find himself having a "soft spot" for Pompey as well!

It would cause untold economic upset in my local. Having to replace some of those Chelsea shirts with Man City ones, and then having to get Pompey ones too.

do Pompey have to pay the money back by next Friday, or just prove that they can do? Have read they have 7 (9) days to draw up a statement of financial affairs (way things are it could take longer than that...) so i'm not sure what is actually needed for next friday.

• Advertisement

I thought he gave most of his fortune to a charity foundation him and his wife set up?

I don't think Pompey will be high on that list :)

do Pompey have to pay the money back by next Friday, or just prove that they can do? Have read they have 7 (9) days to draw up a statement of financial affairs (way things are it could take longer than that...) so i'm not sure what is actually needed for next friday.

I think they have that time to draw up a statement of their financial affairs,

From what i've read and i think everyone is still confused, Pompey need to draw that up by next Wednesday, there will be a hearing again next Friday with HRMC and another court date decided then if needed.

The thing is Pompey asked for 21 days and the judge refused that, which leads me to believe they won't have enough time to sort out a new owner, lets hope they can though.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Pompey-handed-high-court-lifeline.6060141.jp
    Pompey handed high court lifeline

The High Court

ADVERTISEMENT

Published Date:
    10 February 2010
    By David Hurley and Gareth Bethell
    Pompey have been given seven days to prove they can pay off a tax bill as they staved off a winding-up petition.
    Inland Revenue revealed in court that Pompey owed it a total of £11.5m. The winding-up petition related to £7.4m of that.

Nigel Hood, representing Pompey, told the High Court: 'Two offers have been received from serious purchasers for the club to buy the club and pay off the debt.'

Judge said: 'I'm very concerned about this question of trading whilst insolvent. THis company appears to be trading whilst insolvent.
    'From what I understand it this company is not in a position to pay its debts and there's no evidence which leads me to understand they will be in a position to pay.

Pompey have asked for an adjournment so they have time to present a statement of affairs.
    Nigel Hood, representing Pompey, asked the court for four to six weeks in which to do this.

There were 11 other creditors.
    Mr Hood said 10 of these had been dealt with and paid off.

Pompey have until 4pm on February 17 to prepare a financial statement proving how they can pay the tax bill.
    The HMRC then have until the February 19 and the next court date will be set after that.

Registrar Christine Derrett said: 'I'm obviously conscious that by making a winding-up order it will have very severe consequences not only for the company as a business but also for the supporters and everything else. I understand, however, that there is some further evidence that I have not seen. Evidence I am told, which I understand it puts forward some restructuring proposals, and I am led to believe that will introduce additional money into this company. And I have also been told the club has albeit very late in the day contacted Vantis Plc to give it advice on its restructuring.

'In these circumstances I am prepared to grant a short adjournment to enable a statement of affairs to be produced. I am not, however, prepared to allow the 21-day which the club asked me to.

'This is a very serious matter, which has been proceeding for some time and therefore I am satisfied that they should be required to produce a statement of affairs within seven days.'

In court it was revealed Pompey were still challenging the winding-up petition.

But Gregory Mitchell, representing the HMRC, said the challenge in the court of appeal was 'doomed to failure' and 'hopeless'.

'The court of appeal is really just being used here as a delaying tactic. This is a company which is trading whilst it's insolvent.'

So, from my understanding, they have til next Wednesdayto prove how they can afford to pay the tax bill, and the HMRC have until the 19th.... to do what?

Sorry don't mean to be harsh - it's a horrible situation to be in but I'm was just looking at it from a more objective business point of view, which is probably how a potential investor will be looking at it.

An investor who isn't a fan will be looking at the fan base and figuring out just how much money they can make out of it.

From what I've read I thought that the club don't actually own the ground
    - I understand there is some confusion/murkiness over this.

is it worth 60million though?

I can't see them avoiding relegation this season, so you'd have to question whether you could buy a Championship club in a better financial state for the same money.

I remember reading Ashley would sell Newcastle for that kind of amount, and I would see them as a better buy at that price (though i am unsure as to their general financial plight). I'm sure there are others too, where the debts are not such an issue.

If this was the summer, and Pompey were to be a prem side next season, I would say that they are an attractive enough proposition, even if it was december so there was a transfer window to strengthen in, but as it is I can't see the attraction in buying them.

I would imagine it will be tough for Pompey to sell up right now.

I wonder if they could get an advance on money they would get in the summer from the PL (either from due TV money for next season or the Parachute payment they would get).

This is what I was getting at. Unless there is a rish Portsmouth fan to come out of the woodwork I can't see a general investor viewing the club as a good value investment, which is how a neutral is going to judge it.

Can't really see the PL giving them an advance on TV money or parachute payments given there is a fairly high risk of them not being in existence in just over a week.

Also BBC were saying they had something like £2.5m towards paying off the £7m HMRC were looking for today and they had a schedule for repaying the remaining £4.5m of that £7m. At the very least I'd imagine they need most of the remaining £8.5m owed to HMRC before Friday.
    Looks very bleak imo.

So, from my understanding, they have til next Wednesdayto prove how they can afford to pay the tax bill, and the HMRC have until the 19th.... to do what?

I think it's that the HMRC have until the 19th to decide whether the deal is acceptable to them and whether or not to pull the plug - this will largely depend on how much cash Pompey manage to stump up. Would imagine it would need to be a fair whack of it to secure HMRC consent given the sounds they are making. Even if it is acceptable to HMRC I think the court can still wind things up if the schedule of repayment to other creditors isn't satisfactory.

Basically if Pompey sell everything then can and manage to raise enough to pay off almost the full amount they owe HMRC and get them off their back but are left with nothing else in the way of assets to pay off other creditors the court will wind them up anyway.

from what i am reading, the other creditors have been dealt with, it is only the HMRC that is an issue - pompey claim everyone else is dealt with and paid off.

Chanrai owns the ground, the previous owners borrowed £17m off him and secured the loan on the ground and their 90% holding of the club. When they failed to meet their repayments Chanrai exercised his right to take it off them.

The groind is worthless though to anyone other than a football club.

The 60m of debt includes 28m owed to Sacha Gaydemak who they previously bought the club off so I fully expect this to be renegotiated. When you think about it, the club owe 11m to HMRC, 28m to Gaydemak and 17m to the current owner. Sacha has raped the club once already so I expect him to accept a lower amount, the HMRC debt is uncertain but it is highly disputed by Pompey and could be as low as 4m.

In reality, they are actually not in a bad position compared to a lot of clubs.

from what i am reading, the other creditors have been dealt with, it is only the HMRC that is an issue - pompey claim everyone else is dealt with and paid off.

Id say that's why the HRMC have a death warrant for them now :) might be a little pissed off,

Just out of interest, does anyone know,

I know players over £50,000 or so pay 50% tax,

But say a club sold a player, lets say for £5 million, how much tax is due on that figure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Chanrai owns the ground, the previous owners borrowed £17m off him and secured the loan on the ground and their 90% holding of the club. When they failed to meet their repayments Chanrai exercised his right to take it off them.

What about the property that became the cause of the dispute between Gaydemak and Al Fahim? Was that not part of the grounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Turns out it is 9 Days now,

the 7 Days they were given are working days. So Friday of next week.

Is that time enough for new owners?

If they take the Barry Moat route then no.

It'll need to be done very very quickly. Just listening to the radio and they said that they have 2 potential buyers apparently.

What about the property that became the cause of the dispute between Gaydemak and Al Fahim? Was that not part of the grounds?

No, it is land around the ground not the ground itself. It is crucial to the development of the stadium, but only if they choose to redevelop Fratton Park and not move to a new location.

That_Guy wrote: »
    If they take the Barry Moat route then no.

It'll need to be done very very quickly. Just listening to the radio and they said that they have 2 potential buyers apparently.

Chanrai isn't going to let the club fold now, he has too much at stake.

Chanrai isn't going to let the club fold now, he has too much at stake.

but will he find new investment in time? If he can't will he put the money up himself?

He may not want it to fold, but putting more money into it himself may be the only option.

What is happening with the last owner anyway - i know Chanrai took ownership due to the loan agreement, but is he being chased for any money owing or similar? Or has his involvement now completely ceased?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

The groind is worthless though to anyone other than a football club.

The 60m of debt includes 28m owed to Sacha Gaydemak who they previously bought the club off so I fully expect this to be renegotiated. When you think about it, the club owe 11m to HMRC, 28m to Gaydemak and 17m to the current owner. Sacha has raped the club once already so I expect him to accept a lower amount, the HMRC debt is uncertain but it is highly disputed by Pompey and could be as low as 4m.

In reality, they are actually not in a bad position compared to a lot of clubs.

They are having trouble paying basic wages for employees. When this type of problem occurs the wolf is outside the door with a battering ram. I'd hate to see them fold but this type of mis-management has to have consequences. There has to be accountability and the sad thing is that the fans are the ones that lose out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

...Sorry, forgot about the thread...
    Ooh, yeah, I remember you guys, have you lot shut up about Matt Le Tissier yet?

In all seriousness, Rupert is/was a bit uf a muppet, but he knows how to run a club on a tight budget. Do you think you will make the play offs?

LOL just finished Legod's autobiography...Legend...

Rupert was/is a class A Muppet & I hate him. but in fairness he did not asset strip the club or massively inflate the wage bill and he paid his taxes. However he was hoping to sell us for around £60 million, in the end we went for around 15. I know I may be a bit biased, but I feel we have more to offer than P*mpey (Fan base, Stadium, Training ground), and I still think we got very lucky.

I think P*mpey will survive, I think the tax bill will be paid/settelled, but this is going to drag on for a long time (admin, - points & repeat). I think ye have a few years of pain ahead. It's bitter-sweet because P*mpey fans took the P*ss less than 12 months ago. but I laughed at Leeds, and don't feel so smug these day's.

Anyway to more important matters (Here's a link for those who don't understand...)
    P*mpey have survived & the South coast Derby is on....
    ..."there's only one team in 'Ampshire..." "When I was just a little boy..." "Your Sister is your Mother..." & all that...

What do ye think? I've an optimistic €12.35 on Lambert to score first and Saints to win 3-1 @ 80/1.

Its the FA cup (the magic), a home draw, a cup Upset (sic), I think we have it. for me the worst result for us I think would be a draw. the last thing we want is a fixture at NOTARF KRAP if we have any chance of making the playoffs (becoming out of reach IMO).

I think that a Draw would be the best result for ye, it would mean a few extra £££:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why would he do that, Bill Gates is a very smart business man. The very fact you are looking for a miracle shows how desperate the situation is. It is not nice, it is not the fans fault but at the end of the days thats life. When portsmouth go down it will be a long long time before they will be back to the premiership again.

...Sorry, forgot about the thread...

LOL just finished Legod's autobiography...Legend...

Rupert was/is a class A Muppet & I hate him. but in fairness he did not asset strip the club or massively inflate the wage bill and he paid his taxes. However he was hoping to sell us for around £60 million, in the end we went for around 15. I know I may be a bit biased, but I feel we have more to offer than P*mpey (Fan base, Stadium, Training ground), and I still think we got very lucky.

I think P*mpey will survive, I think the tax bill will be paid/settelled, but this is going to drag on for a long time (admin, - points & repeat). I think ye have a few years of pain ahead. It's bitter-sweet because P*mpey fans took the P*ss less than 12 months ago. but I laughed at Leeds, and don't feel so smug these day's.

Anyway to more important matters (Here's a link for those who don't understand...)
    P*mpey have survived & the South coast Derby is on....
    ..."there's only one team in 'Ampshire..." "When I was just a little boy..." "Your Sister is your Mother..." & all that...

What do ye think? I've an optimistic €12.35 on Lambert to score first and Saints to win 3-1 @ 80/1.

Its the FA cup (the magic), a home draw, a cup Upset (sic), I think we have it. for me the worst result for us I think would be a draw. the last thing we want is a fixture at NOTARF KRAP if we have any chance of making the playoffs (becoming out of reach IMO).

I think that a Draw would be the best result for ye, it would mean a few extra £££:)

And people wonder why Paddy Power is so wealthy!!

jank wrote: »
    Why would he do that, Bill Gates is a very smart business man. The very fact you are looking for a miracle shows how desperate the situation is. It is not nice, it is not the fans fault but at the end of the days thats life. When portsmouth go down it will be a long long time before they will be back to the premiership again.

Errr, that was a joke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement