Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BioShock 2 best price

Options
  • 04-02-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hey lads

does anyone know of any prices in the likes of tesco & hmv for Bioshock 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think its too early to know. Its out on Tuesday so I'm sure prices will start popping up at the start of the week.

I ordered on Zavvi's website yesterday for £29.99 (about £31 inc. postage) which is in or around the €40 mark. Got dispatch email a half hour after ordering. Probably means I won't be playing on launch day, but I'm not too pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

HMV are normally around the €45 mark for the the first few days. Unsure about Tescos. If they think they'll sell enough, they'll undercut all the major retailers.

• Are you sure its out next Tuesday.. Usually thoose crap european dates mean it won't be out till that Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If you can four-pack on Steam with someone from the UK you can pick up both Bioshock 1 and 2 for less than €25 together... Finding such people may be tricky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Are you sure its out next Tuesday.. Usually thoose crap european dates mean it won't be out till that Friday...

Worldwide launch on the 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

damn it, thought this was a few weeks out yet :mad:

Well at least I can finish mass effect 2 while I hunt the best deal for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

was in hmv grafton st today there was a sign up saying it would be 45e.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

Just got a text from Smyths - apparently they're going out at €39.99 until Friday!! I might have to pick up a copy at that price :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

On line, D2d have it for £26.95

Tesco is 54.99 , the plus is they are selling it early.

Left it where it was I can wait to get it in smyths :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

can anyone else confirm tesco are selling it early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

No idea but it won't make a difference if you do manage to get your hands on it early as the servers won't authenticate the game until after it's been officially released.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Yeah I'm going to wait and get mine in Smyths...they're selling the special edition for €59.99...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just got a text from Smyths - apparently they're going out at €39.99 until Friday!! I might have to pick up a copy at that price :-)

Fantastic! Cheers :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DId a scout of the stores, not great news. Game listed at 50, Gamestop 55, HMV 58, XtraVision 55. From memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

51.99 special edition PC on play.com, free delivery.

Edit: and you can get a EVE hypo prop for 13 when you order with Bio2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

FutureGuy wrote: »
    DId a scout of the stores, not great news. Game listed at 50, Gamestop 55, HMV 58, XtraVision 55. From memory.

hmv - 44.99

• Any stores giving it out early?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

hmv - 44.99

Not in Limerick city centre. I'm sure that when one store drops the price, they all will.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Wonder if it would be worth the 5 minute walk to tescos at midnight... probably not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Any stores giving it out early?

Nowhere in Nth Co Dublin anyway....no midnight openings happening at all!

• Wonder if it would be worth the 5 minute walk to tescos at midnight... probably not...

Any prices for tesco? I'm not finished work till 11 anyway il be around.

Any prices for tesco? I'm not finished work till 11 anyway il be around.

Didn't I say this afternoon on this very thread that my local tesco were selling it and that it was 54.99 :D

• calex71 wrote: »
    Didn't I say this afternoon on this very thread that my local tesco were selling it and that it was 54.99 :D

Sorry man, I'm a lazy bast*rd and I didn't read up! Might tip into town so.
    :p

calex71 wrote: »

Oh... 5 minute walk at midnight so it is.

What's your local one? I'm heading to Artane...

Will post back here if I have any luck.

• Picked mine up coming home from work in Tesco in Athlone, wahey! The price was spot on btw. Now time for some beer.

Oh... 5 minute walk at midnight so it is.

What's your local one? I'm heading to Artane...

Will post back here if I have any luck.

My local is nutgrove and they where selling @ 2 this afternoon :D
    I'd say save yourself some € and wait for smyths in the morning for 39.99

€15 isn't exactly small change these days :)

May do.... Thought I'd be finished Mass Effect by now... but it's the game that keeps on giving...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

59.99 for the collectors edition is fairly good value considering the stuff you get with it, you get a huge 168 page art book, an LP with soundtrack and a CD, and you get 3 lithographs and its well presented

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/bioshock-2-special-edition-goodies.jpg

• Advertisement

May do.... Thought I'd be finished Mass Effect by now... but it's the game that keeps on giving...

Snap, haven't done a plot mission all day and still nowhere near finished it :D

Advertisement