Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BioShock 2 best price

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

calex71 wrote: »
    Snap, haven't done a plot mission all day and still nowhere near finished it :D

And I just finished it.

Think I hit every side mission and it took about 36 hours and I started playing it last Thursday.

Glad I have something else to hook me in tomorrow.

And then the new Final Fantasy after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

is 54.99 confrmed for tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not so happy now with my cheapy Steam copy considering Steam really screwed up with no preload. Ah well, don't think I could have brought myself to pay upwards of €50 anyways.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

picked the PC version up for 34.99 this morning in gamestop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

34.99?!

sweet

i'll be taking a stroll down to gamestop later today so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

paid 59.99 for the bigger and much heavier than expected special ed in smyths,

regular console version was 39.99 and pc was 34.99

HMV and gamestop both had regular for 44.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

This is off tangent, but why do so many people in the thread buy in the stores, when online retail is cheaper?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,226 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

oceanclub wrote: »
    This is off tangent, but why do so many people in the thread buy in the stores, when online retail is cheaper?

P.

because some people like to play the game, and not sit around waiting for it to come in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

oceanclub wrote: »

P.

was wondering that myself.
    suppose people want it there and then not wanting to wait.

Still i'm very happy with my digital download for 31 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Liam O wrote: »
    because some people like to play the game, and not sit around waiting for it to come in the post.

Certain online retailers will get it to you on release or a day before. Asda, The Hut, Game.co.uk, Amazon, Gamesnash.ie all have come through for me in the past, they have the cop on to ship early unlike others. Just don't go near Play or CDwow.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

*looks at tottering stack of games*

Having something to play is never a problem for me. :)

I know that my copy shipped 2 days ago, so I should have it, if not today, before the end of the week.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just got it after work, preordered in gamestop a collectors edition. 49,99!!! ( pc OFC)

Played it, and loved it!!! Cant understand wht were they bitching about bioshock 2 bein very linear? so far i dont se much difference from old one.

P.S. i felt in love with that hand-drill thingy... Best weapon in video games by far ( for me)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Does the retail version activate on Steam like Empire Total War or Dawn of War 2 did (thus allowing you do download the game again through Steam)

I really like having games on Steam, keeps it up to date and don't have to remember where my DVDs are.

But not sure if it is worth 15 euro more. Would be great if the retail version activated on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cant understand wht were they bitching about bioshock 2 bein very linear? so far i dont se much difference from old one.

The first one was very linear aswell, an average shooter hyped up by the success of it's older brothers, the System Shock games. They aren't a patch on the old System Shock games. The Bioshocks are solid games but nothing special imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is the Special Edition worth the extra money?

The first one was very linear aswell, an average shooter hyped up by the success of it's older brothers, the System Shock games. They aren't a patch on the old System Shock games. The Bioshocks are solid games but nothing special imo.

I think it was the atmosphere that enjoyed most about the 1st one over the gameplay which I agree with you on.

FutureGuy wrote: »

The book is quite substantial but it's all pictures, you get 3 posters that ar a little bigger than a4 and the sound track on cd and 12". The cd is actually quite clever spoiler tag for those who didn't open theirs yet
    it looks and feels like a record even the under side is black

It's a very nicely presented package although not the kind of thing that fits easily on the shelf due to it's size.

calex71 wrote: »
    I think it was the atmosphere that enjoyed most about the 1st one over the gameplay which I agree with you on.

i dont care that its linier, but like you said i enjoyed the atmosphere of the game alot. Its in mine list of best games i ever played in mine life, and i did played a good few games...

i am a sucker for post apocaliptic disaster 60s/futuristic games :D

yeah yeah old school fallout! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GiantBomb did an unboxing of the Special Edition. It looks nice (and big). Personally, I don't think it's worth extra money:- I rarely look through an artbook more than once, I've not hung posters on my wall since I was a teenager, I don't own a record player, and the music will probably be available elsewhere. Looks nice if you're a collector though.

GiantBomb did an unboxing of the Special Edition. It looks nice (and big). Personally, I don't think it's worth extra money:- I rarely look through an artbook more than once, I've not hung posters on my wall since I was a teenager, I don't own a record player, and the music will probably be available elsewhere.

They're pretty much the reasons I didn't opt for the Special Edition this time. Still like my Big Daddy figurine from no. 1 (albeit I had to glue the damn drill on as it got broken in transit).

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Wicknight wrote: »
    Does the retail version activate on Steam like Empire Total War or Dawn of War 2 did (thus allowing you do download the game again through Steam)

I really like having games on Steam, keeps it up to date and don't have to remember where my DVDs are.

But not sure if it is worth 15 euro more. Would be great if the retail version activated on Steam

Much the same dilema myself. AFAIK the retail version uses some combination of Securom (A watered down one time only check) to validate the disk and Window Gamer Live (or something like that) to track installs, so it can't be activated on steam :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ordered mine from play..The limited or special edition i think.cant member which (its a box anyway)..No sign yet :(:(..anyone ordered from them?Do ya usually receive it on release day?

Soby wrote: »
    Ordered mine from play..The limited or special edition i think.cant member which (its a box anyway)..No sign yet :(:(..anyone ordered from them?Do ya usually receive it on release day?

newer ever preorder from online shops...

I allways preordering in gamestop, might be more expencive, but more reliable if you whant to get it on release day

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wasn't going to pick this up, but at 39.99 (cheaper than online even) for the PS3 version I decided 'well, I am bored...'

Relatively solid so far, nothing amazing either. Again, the highlight is more the atmosphere and story (I already like the whole ideology clash they've set up, and the opening nicely focuses on the themes of choice brought up in the first game). Many gameplay elements are improved (simple and remote hacking ftw) but the shooting still feels a little loose to me. There is something dementedly satisfying about the drill though...

Thus far the game hasn't grabbed me in the same way the first did (which had the best opening in a game in a long time, and in fairness the sequel probably couldn't replicate that sense of awe) but for more time in Rapture, it seems to deliver. Whether the story (which for me anyway was the highlight of the first game) delivers, I'll will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Where'd ya get it johny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Soby wrote: »

When did you order it? Did you get a dispatch email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I allways preordering in gamestop, might be more expencive, but more reliable if you whant to get it on release day

Why would you waste your money with game stop from all the retailers they are always overpriced.

there is NEVER a problem getting games on day of release, there is always hype, that games will have limited supply etc, yet you end up seen a 100 copies on the shelf.

Wise up will ya and shop around.

Why would you waste your money with game stop from all the retailers they are always overpriced.

there is NEVER a problem getting games on day of release, there is always hype, that games will have limited supply etc, yet you end up seen a 100 copies on the shelf.

Wise up will ya and shop around.

right... i payed 49.99eu for collectors edition, how much cheaper i would get that online? 5-10eu? I better pay those 10 extra quid then have a chance not to get the game delivered on release date. no need to look for example far away, fella in thread newer got it today...

buying games which are after release online is different story. There is loads of bargains online and i dont mind them to be late a day or two. As i am not hyped on them...

easy as that.

p.s. that drill is really REALLY satisfactive :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Where'd ya get it johny?

Smyths in Bray. Always a good bit cheaper than the gamestop up the road, plus don't pester me about disc insurance everytime I go in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Was thinking about picking up there myself today.. however lack of funds proved... painful..

Advertisement