Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meath Road Race League 2010 Fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

There will be draws amongst those who complete 5 out of the 8 races.

Prize in 2009 was a 2 night mid-week break for 2. Winner was Chris Keeling, Raheny Shamrocks AC.

Separate draws for Meath and non-Meath registered competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Great to see some of these runs still on the go , 25/30 years ago as an underage runner ran the traditional Athboy road race and the easter sunday race in Dunboyne , great to see Simon Cumbers been remembered also , great runner in his day and enjoyed the battles with him .

Good luck with the series and may get out for a plod in 1-2 of them when i head back with family .

First leg of Meath Athletics Road Race League takes place at 2pm on St. Patrick's Day from the village of Ballivor.

Details on Runireland.com with entries online until 14th and on the day from 12.30 to 1.30pm.

Distances in the league vary from 5Km to 10Km, March to September.

All those who complete at least 5 out of the 8 races are entered in a draw for a 2 night mid-week break for 2 people in an Irish hotel.,

These are races organised by local clubs to give good competition and provide value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Definitely hope to do a couple of these this year. I've ran the majority of them in the past and they are superb. Good fast courses and brilliant post race hospitality. The only races that are better value than the bhaa in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Leg 1 Wednesday 17th March 2010 - Fr. Murphy AC 5 Mile Road Race and Fun Run

Leg 2 Sunday 28th March 2010 - 41st Dunboyne 4 Mile Road Race and Fun Run

Leg 3 Friday 14th May 2010 - Navan AC Simon Cumbers Memorial 6K Road Race

Leg 4 Tuesday 25th May 2010 - Na Fianna AC Bob Heffernan Memorial 5K Road Race

Leg 5 Saturday 12th June 2010 - Bohermeen AC 5K Road Race

Leg 6 Saturday 26th June 2010 - Dunshaughlin AC 10K Road Race

Leg 7 Wednesday 7th July 2010 - South O’Hanlon AC 5K Road Race

Leg 8 Sunday 12th September 2010 - Bohermeen AC 5 Mile Road Race

I´ll hopefully get to Dunshaughlin. Meant to be a good race.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I´ll hopefully get to Dunshaughlin. Meant to be a good race.

Yeah Dunshaugin is a great one. The people living aroubnd the course come out to cheer and give it a great atmosphere. The last time I ran it the names of local runners were sprayed on the road, I was running with one of the said local guys and the support he got was brilliant. May sound a bit lame but it kind of reminded me of the tour de France.

Leg 3 Friday 14th May 2010 - Navan AC Simon Cumbers Memorial 6K Road Race

Next race in the League. Chip timing, good spread of abilities and after-race munchies, all for a tenner. Go on, it would be rude not to.;)

Leg 4 Tuesday 25th May 2010 - Na Fianna AC Bob Heffernan Memorial 5K Road Race

Leg 5 Saturday 12th June 2010 - Bohermeen AC 5K Road Race

Leg 6 Saturday 26th June 2010 - Dunshaughlin AC 10K Road Race

Leg 7 Wednesday 7th July 2010 - South O’Hanlon AC 5K Road Race

Leg 8 Sunday 12th September 2010 - Bohermeen AC 5 Mile Road Race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Hi Sorry if this sounds daft but can anyone enter these races?

I'm not a member of any club but have been running a while and they seem to have a good following

Where can i find out more about these races?

All these races are open AAI permitted club run events.

They are open to all.

I will refer to online entry where available.

As for this Friday's race, registration is at Claremont Stadium, Navan up to 7.30pm.

Hope this helps

Entry form for Bob Heffernan 5K, Na Fianna AC, Enfield attached.

Tuesday 25th May 2010

Johnstownbridge, Enfield, Co. Meath just off the M4

As chip timing is being used "queues" can build for registration on the night. Take my advice, enter in advance by post (I will).

• Advertisement

Next round of Meath Road Race League promoted by Bohermeen AC on Saturday 12th June 2010.

Patrick Bell 5K

Online entry and other details available here:

http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-06-11/25th-patrick-bell-memorial-5k-run-walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Ran this last night,
    They had a massive turnout that they weren't expecting so start was put back 30 min to facilitate on the day registration- the only crib about an otherwise great event.
    Loads of parking, nice course, km markers sprayed on the road, last km in intervals of 200m. Finish on the grass at the track.
    Fantastic after race festivities, bbq with good burgers, tea and cake tent, beer for free:D. dj, lovely little memento given to all.
    Overall a really nice setup out there, real heart of the community stuff. It was so good it would make you want to move out there.
    Fair play and thanks for organising Bohermeen AC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Signed up for the Dunshaughlin 10K without knowing much about it, whats the pb potential here

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Ran this last night,
    They had a massive turnout that they weren't expecting so start was put back 30 min to facilitate on the day registration- the only crib about an otherwise great event.
    Loads of parking, nice course, km markers sprayed on the road, last km in intervals of 200m. Finish on the grass at the track.
    Fantastic after race festivities, bbq with good burgers, tea and cake tent, beer for free:D. dj, lovely little memento given to all.
    Overall a really nice setup out there, real heart of the community stuff. It was so good it would make you want to move out there.
    Fair play and thanks for organising Bohermeen AC!
    I have to agree with W.B. Yeats with everything he said about this race. It was a great overall event. Just wondering are there any overall results posted online?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Middle Distance

Any results up for the Patrick Bell 5k any where?:(

See here for first 240 finishers. I'll post full results when I receive them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055943591

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kamonyespurs

Jnealon wrote: »
    Signed up for the Dunshaughlin 10K without knowing much about it, whats the pb potential here
    Everything about this race is great, but if your looking for a PB I don't think this would be it, last 4k is basically up hill back into Dunshaughlin:(

Ceekay wrote: »
    I have to agree with W.B. Yeats with everything he said about this race. It was a great overall event. Just wondering are there any overall results posted online?

I have posted provisional results for the first 250 or so in another thread. As soon as I receive full results I'll post them as well.

Has anyone got the results of the South O'Hanlon 5k from last night, please. Most grateful if they could post them here - cheers:p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sonkal

I saw the results for south O hanlon on their website

http://www.southohanlon.com/results.htm

Scroll to the bottom of that page and you'll find them ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone got any results from the race yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

Anyone got any results from the race yesterday?

didn't see results anywhere yet, but i see there is photos up, was chatting to a guy who ran it this morning and he said there was GAA matches on in Meath yesterday and it effected the crowds.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157624815250347/
    dont think it was to well advertised.

Results of Bohermeen 5 Mile attached.

Advertisement