Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry lining a wall advice needed

• 04-02-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I am going to be dry lining a wall. I know what to do except there is one thing I am not sure about. When you come up to the end of a wall what do you do with the gap - fill it with a thin strip of plasterboard to fit ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

I'd imagine you fix a batten @ each corner of each wall then space them out to suit slab with insulation between batten. Start out @ corners.

Not sure if your using kingspan in between battens, if you are its better to use insulated plasterboard, if you've a sold wall all you do is drill and fix slab straight onto wall with mushroom fixings. No gaps with out insulation this way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Try and avoid a thin strip you can do this by starting with a half sheet,sometimes if it is awkward size wall start in the middle and have a equal size on each end.This can also help to join onto walls that are not quiet square.

Advertisement