Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Mortgage

Options
  • 04-02-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

My 3 year fixed term of 5.1% is finishing next month.The bank told me the new rates are as follows 4.7% ver 5.7% fixed 3 years and 6.7% 5 years.
    Are those the madest rates or what?
    Well I was talking to another bank with rates around 3.6 - 3.9%
    BUT said it would be like starting from fresh i.e paying more interest than
    of the capital,the way I did when I started afew years ago.
    Has any one moved their mortgage recently and how do they find it?
    What should I do....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

When you move mortgage you won't (don't) borrow the same amount again. You will have paid off some capital on the mortgage even if you have only had it a few years. Find out the outstanding balance and the new lender will pay off that balance leaving you with a lower starting point.
    Also - iIf the original mortgage was over 25 years and you have had it for 3 years - then don't get another 25 yr mortgage - get a 22 year one. If you go and get another 25 yr one you will end up paying more in the long term.

Lowest Mortgage Rates

Advertisement