Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone used the Doctor in UCD?

• 04-02-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi,
    Got a bit of a problem and need to see a doc. Has anyone used the one in UCD?

I'd rather not go to the one at home.
    How much does it cost, is there a waiting list and is he/she any good?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

froosh69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Got a bit of a problem and need to see a doc. Has anyone used the one in UCD?

I'd rather not go to the one at home.
    How much does it cost, is there a waiting list and is he/she any good?

Thanks in advance,

It used to be free but now costs something like €25 which is very good for a doctor!
    And they are used to receiving all sorts of 'embarrassing' or 'awkward' complaints.
    Not sure about the waiting list now that you have to pay and all the abusers of the free doctor have stopped being so petty. I found them to be good, the one time I went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Susie-O-

they're not very good...I know it's cheaper than seeing a regular GP, but it's tough to get an appointment and they're not great....Slievemore Clinic in Stillorgan has some great doctors (it is 65 euro tho!) would probably get a cheap-ish GP in town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think the waiting list for an appointment is about a week or two.
    But you can queue up and visit the nurse on the day, and if needs be they'll send you into the doctor.
    Although, make sure you have a lot of free time, think I was waiting about 2 hours for the nurse and another 2 for the doctor.

The doctor was ok, but not great, probably because my own GP knows my whole history and I know her now, but they'll do like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

If you're very sick or it's an urgent appointment, then you'll have to see the nurse first, and then wait to see the doctor. And as pointed out above, expect to be waiting quite a while. Otherwise you'll have to wait about a week or 10 days for an appointment.

I've been to the doctor a few times, and I've found it really depends on the doctor on duty as to how good they are. There's one doctor I will refuse to go and see, no matter how sick I am, simply because I don't like them and don't think they're very good. However, the other doctors have been fine and I'd be happy enough to visit them.

It's about €25 to see the doctor, and there's also a fee, think it's €10, to see the nurse. So you're looking at about €35 quid to see the doctor. Cheaper than 'normal' prices, but it depends on how long you have to hang around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Just to clarify, from experience, if you see the nurse it's 10euro, if she refers you to the doctor it's an additional 15euro (total 25euro). If you go straight into the doctor it's 25euro.

And sometimes you can wait to see the doctor directly without going into the nurse, depends how busy they are it seems, things have changed since they brought in the charges.

Oh, and it's all billed to your student account so you don't need to bring cash with you which is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I've used one of the doctors there a few times in the past year and found her to be very good. They have a few other doctors there, but hopefully they are all as good as her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You've got the clap don't you? ;)

I've never gone to the doc in UCD myself but know several people who have. They didn't have much trouble getting an appointment and thought the doc was good.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

WeeBushy wrote: »
    You've got the clap don't you? ;)
    ^
    says Weebushy ^ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Used the doctor three times when I was in UCD - twice for chest infections, and once when I got my finger stuck in a door (looooong story).

Back then, in the good old free days, they didn't give me an appointment, they told me to come in and see the nurse, who referred me immediately to the doctor (maybe I just sounded particularly sick?). Both the nurses and doctors were lovely at that stage.

Advertisement