Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pup vac?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

my neighbour pups will be 6 weeks on fri. her plan was to bring them to vet Fri and get their parvo done, then in 2 weeks, before pups go to get their 1st 7-1 then booster would be up to the new owners.
    she now doesnt know what to do as she has been getting conflicting advise fron 2 dif vets. 1 has told her to go with what she had planned to do, the 2nd vet has said 2 save her money and not to do the parvo, but to do the 7-1 at 7 weeks. Which vet is right, or are they in a way both right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh god, parvo is extremely important so i would make sure they get that very soon, as parvo can be fatal if caught.

The other vaccinations could prob wait til they are 8 weeks, but in my experience Parvo is very important so id be making sure she gets them done for that sooner rather than later.

I wouldnt be going for saving money over risking the puppies health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I'd suggest she goes with her original plan as well, parvo at 6 weeks. It would be awful if she lost any pups now.

Advertisement