Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet banking problem - what are my entitlements

Options
  • 04-02-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

'a' bank....in ireland...was online banking and making a few payments to 3rd parties...once or twice yesterday after confirming all details the money didnt physically leave my account...hense I thought **** didnt work let me try again...went into the bank and they looked at my account and she agreed yes money never left my account..

until this morning...money did leave my acccount all €3575 of it which first I didnt have and secondly has my account now at -0 and a very large minus..

bank telling me will have to call around to all 3rd parties and get them to reimburse me + hefty bank charge for going in the red

am FUMING...any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It sounds like the money was transfered from both the online and the bank.
    Guessing here but I can think of two things that could have happened. The payment was made the first time but there was a delay in debiting your account. Or the payment you made was future dated.

I would get in contact with the bank. Explain what happened and see if they will waive the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Sounds like they might have been international payments/domestic payments sent outside normal working hours/afternoon. Hence they sit in a processing queue, awaiting processing by the staff (probaly 9-5). Once processed, account debited.
    I would not think a branch staff member could see the processing queues for head office. Effectively you sent it directly via online to Head Office for processing.
    But I don't think your post is clear as to the timings, and also did you fully authorise both payments with your PIN/password? Not sure the branch made a 2nd payment.
    Do you know the people you paid twice? If so, I'd get them to ask their bank to return the payments, getting them to authorise the return to their bank - will make things much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

no luck with bank...they found it 'funny'...lovely..

third party payments which were alreay set up on my account...all national(AIB and BOI only) i do these payments monthly and never any problems. when I transfer the money automaticaly leaves my account. it didnt happen yesterday but must have backed up somewhere.

bank charging me 4.75 for -account...there is a sanding order due tomorrow and getting charged for that too.

will write an official complaint. am without money for weekend which is infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'm not sure why you are blaming the Bank for this. You sent the payments yourself on a couple of occasions. These sorts of payments don't always go instantly and their can be a delay.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Unfortunately the bank are unable to intervene with online payments generated by customers. You will have to contact the third parties yourself to organise getting the money back. However, since there seems to have been a delay with the payments, the bank may agree to refund the charges incurred by you as a goodwill gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you are blaming the Bank for this. You sent the payments yourself on a couple of occasions. These sorts of payments don't always go instantly and their can be a delay.

Agreed.

It's a bit like posting on boards. You press post. You don't think it's gone through so you press post again. You end up with a double post.

Just a computer glitch!

By all means I think you should make a complaint and ask for the charges to be refunded. Which I think they will do - they are not huge.

These things happen. IMO you played a part in them so not sure why you are "FUMING". Talk to the bank in a reasonable manner and am sure they will deal reasonably with you.

Advertisement