Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave McCann thumbs up

• 04-02-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Just ordered a couple of tyres from him, used him many times over the years, as always he offers very good service at a good price. He was comparable to eiretyres/camskill prices, but without any of the hassle of postage, getting to fitters, etc. His fitters will come to you. Definitely an Irish business worth supporting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its all good reports for Dave McCann. I think I saw his premises. Looked run down. Good service by all accounts though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Second that - I had the ST in over the weekend to get wheels rotated after a recent change of tyre due to puncture.

they put it up on the ramp, wheel nuts were buckled/wouldnt come off on front tyre. 20 minutes of trying ot get nuts off, some broke tools it eventually came off. Replaced the wheel nuts with new ones & balanced tyres.

Total price €10 :D

Needless to say the lad got money for a pint as well. I've been using Dave McCann for a while & can't recommend them highly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

Have to say I agree with this post. Dealt with him a few times in my last job. He's a great man to sort out wheel alignment problems, I mean real wheel alignment problems, the sort of stuff no one can get right. His mobile tyre fitting service is a great idea. I know a good few companies that use him. Thumbs up for Dave McCann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Fleet company I had my company car from used him a lot. Sound bloke to boot and even collected and returned my car to Naas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thumbs up from me too!

Not quite as cheap as going the eiretyres / camskill route on the more exotic tyres, but how could he be?

I'd rather the service from one place even at a small premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

I have been up with Dave a good few times, as recently as last Saturday morning. He always looks after his customers and he is as honest as the day is long. I'd recommend him to anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I've used him myself many times over the years. I wouldn't let anyone else do an alignment on my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Another for the love in, i've been using his place for years and will always recommend him to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Going to have to pipe in here, nothing against the guy but going on recommendations from this forum I've dropped my car into him twice.

First time he scratched a rim and when I got home one of the tyres was completly flat, the new valve hadn't been tightened properly and air was gushing out of it - how do you miss this?

Second time, he didn't balance the tyres at all, no weights on the inside/out on both back wheels, noticed it as soon as I got back onto the n3 :confused:

Wont be going back for a third try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It's a shame to hear that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Went there recently based on boards users, asked to get all 4 wheels balanced and alignment done.

Alignment was done first, then they moved the car to another ramp and spotted that one of my tyres was knackered so I was told there was no point balancing it (or the rest or some reason) Didn't want to get a new tyre straight away, was charged 60 euro.

IMO they should have spotted the tyre before going doing the alignment (a waste of 60euro) but maybe I was just one of the unlucky ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Would also recommend Dave McCann for service and prices over all of the kwikfits or fastfit tyre places..

..always bring the car there for the 4 wheel alignment and its always done correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

Went there recently based on boards users, asked to get all 4 wheels balanced and alignment done.

Alignment was done first, then they moved the car to another ramp and spotted that one of my tyres was knackered so I was told there was no point balancing it (or the rest or some reason) Didn't want to get a new tyre straight away, was charged 60 euro.

IMO they should have spotted the tyre before going doing the alignment (a waste of 60euro) but maybe I was just one of the unlucky ones.

I'd have to say depending on the circumstances I wouldn't have expected them to notice if the tyres needed replacing or not until they had the wheels off or the car up on a ramp, you only left the vehicle in for a wheel alignment and wheel balancing (which should really have been done by who ever fit last set of tyres) obviously that's what they are going to do and while doing so they will check over the car, and like you said they noticed that a tyre did in fact need to be replaced. Being half way through the repair makes no difference, it sure wasn't Dave McCanns fault you "wasted" €60, I'd have to say it was your own, you chose not to complete the repair by not replacing the tyre that was knackered. You still got your wheel alignment done. I don't think you were unlucky.

Just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

jayotala wrote: »
    I wouldn't have expected them to notice if the tyres needed replacing or not until they had the wheels off or the car up on a ramp

The car was up on a ramp for the alignment, but agreed it was probably something I should have checked myself first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

But the alignment was done for the €60 euro. This work wont be undone to any degree worth talking about by replacing tyres afterward so the money is not wasted at all.
    Balancing would be wasted as you would be pulling off the old tyre soon so there was no point in doing that for you.
    Sounds like you got a perfect service really.

Advertisement