Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memeory card problem

• 04-02-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need some help/advice. My girlfriends sister's memory card gives a message that it needs to be formatted when its in her camera. She has lots of pictures from over christmas on it that she hopes to save. Is there any possibility of saving these pictures or is all hope lost. Any input would be greatly appreciated. It's an SD memory card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

What does {your operating system of choice} say about the memory card?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am a bit confused here (then I get confused easily)

Are you putting your girlfriend's sisters card into your girlfriend's camera?

OR

Is the camera the same one that took the photos in the first place?

I would try to download the photo's to your computer using a Card Reader (about €10) or else go into a printing place & put the card into one of the Photo Kiosks & they should have an option to burn all the photo's to a CD. If they don't read the card then it's on to Step 2, which involves Data Recovery Software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rob308

CabanSail wrote: »
    I am a bit confused here (then I get confused easily)

Are you putting your girlfriend's sisters card into your girlfriend's camera?

OR

Is the camera the same one that took the photos in the first place?

I would try to download the photo's to your computer using a Card Reader (about €10) or else go into a printing place & put the card into one of the Photo Kiosks & they should have an option to burn all the photo's to a CD. If they don't read the card then it's on to Step 2, which involves Data Recovery Software.

Same card same camera. I tried inserting the card into my computer and also my printer but it will not read it. Is it possible that a card reader could possibly help or the option of data recovery software. If its the software option have you any recommendations? It's just that she has some very valuable pictures and would hate to lose them. Thanks for the help so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I've found recuva good in situations like yours, just be sure to follow the instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

This is very good also and free
    http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1

As Nilhg says RECUVA is good.
    http://www.piriform.com/recuva

• Advertisement
Advertisement